Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any current owners considering trading in their '03 SRT-4 for an '04 model? Or are you just peachy with the '03 (like I am?) Just curious...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
I won't be able to afford a new car 'till Ford releases the 427 (knock wood.)
Then, It'll ge the ACR that goes, not the SRT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
It's kind of a bummer that the 04 will be improved (with LSD, etc), but that's the way things go. Anything I buy today is going to be better next year. My car is mine. I don't plan on selling or trading it.

Dan R.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,830 Posts
If it comes in blue with an LSD, I might be tempted.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,578 Posts
neonphenom3 said:
If that 04' model is as improved as they say it is then...I might have to let the 03' go. LSD, some say AWD, etc....
it will NOT have AWD. EVER. NEVER.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
How do you guys know what's going to be included with the 2004's. Isn't a bit early to be making decisions based on rumors of what the car could have? LID, is right, the SRT will never have AWD. THe 2005 might when it switches to the Lancer's platform but I don't think the SRT will be along for the ride.

-faast
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,317 Posts
Ever hear of the 1964 and a half Mustang? :idea:

Owning an inaugural SRT-4 is something to be proud of.
Not many people will be able to say they own(ed) a 2003 and a half SRT-4. 8)

I'll be keeping mine. :wink:

BTW, for the folks that think this car won't be remembered in the future, there are plenty of people that think it will.

Time will tell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
RUgoinup said:
Ever hear of the 1964 and a half Mustang? :idea:

Owning an inaugural SRT-4 is something to be proud of.
Not many people will be able to say they own(ed) a 2003 and a half SRT-4. 8)

I'll be keeping mine. :wink:

BTW, for the folks that think this car won't be remembered in the future, there are plenty of people that think it will.

Time will tell.
I agree, I am going to own this car till it rusts into oblivion :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,854 Posts
I believe for 03 owners sure "just get a LSD installed" thats what you guys are hoping for, but I believe it isnt that easy. Problem is that installing a LSD is a very tiduous task, and if the wrong mechanic does it your car could really be in for some troubles. If you havent bought a SRT yet your best bet would be to wait for a 04 with the LSD coming straight from the factory. We'll im glad MD was one of the last states to recieve any 03's so I am going to save my money and wait, I think I will be much happier when the time rolls around cause any 03 bugs as well may be fixed :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
turbo4life said:
I believe for 03 owners sure "just get a LSD installed" thats what you guys are hoping for, but I believe it isnt that easy. Problem is that installing a LSD is a very tiduous task, and if the wrong mechanic does it your car could really be in for some troubles. If you havent bought a SRT yet your best bet would be to wait for a 04 with the LSD coming straight from the factory. We'll im glad MD was one of the last states to recieve any 03's so I am going to save my money and wait, I think I will be much happier when the time rolls around cause any 03 bugs as well may be fixed :)
Not if you do the LSD yourself, or have a tuning shop do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Vanilla_Coke said:
I agree, I am going to own this car till it rusts into oblivion :wink:
:lol: Ha Ha! That's what I say about the car you see in my sig. Look, but don't touch! It'll fall to pieces! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
turbo4life said:
I believe for 03 owners sure "just get a LSD installed" thats what you guys are hoping for, but I believe it isnt that easy. Problem is that installing a LSD is a very tiduous task, and if the wrong mechanic does it your car could really be in for some troubles.
You're right, it won't be easy, but it is possible. To change the diff on the SRT-4 we're going to have to either drop the trans or drop the k-frame. It doesn't look like the diff will come out otherwise. It will also require pulling the axles even if the trans is left in the car. Other than that, it's not really hard, just time consuming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
rumors rumors, and blah blah blah!!! NO body knows for absolutely cetain what will be changed and/or improved. LSD would be sweet as an option but theres something about owning the first srt-4.

If the 2nd year is as great as all these b.s rumors I keep hearing about I will get it but keep my first year srt-4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
rumors rumors, and blah blah blah!!! NO body knows for absolutely cetain what will be changed and/or improved. LSD would be sweet as an option but theres something about owning the first srt-4.

If the 2nd year is as great as all these b.s rumors I keep hearing about I will get it but keep my first year srt-4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SRTdriven said:
LSD would be sweet as an option but theres something about owning the first srt-4.
Absolutely! That's what drove (no pun intended) so many of us to Florida to get our cars.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,610 Posts
Wouldn't putting LSD in the '03 be like putting a 9 1/2 in. rear in the '64 1/2 Mustang? Not Stock anymore!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,464 Posts
I agree with SRTDriven. Do you people have written proof from a reliable source that the 2004's are going to be upgraded? I mean my dealer is telling me "it's to their understanding" that they're getting 2004's. I don't know if they're right, probably not. The Sales Rep. that underwent the SRT training in Florida just went this past Thursday. How long until you think they'll get shipments?

Either way, if he is telling me the truth, and they are smart and getting 2004's soon, he would've told me about a higher price for the car right? But he still says it's going to be the same price as the 2003.5's.

Krayzie I tell you, krayzie.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top