Dodge SRT Forum banner

SRT-4 or Trans Am

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Astasish 
#1 ·
well, im in a bit of a dilemma.
i was thinking of buying a 6spd trans am. always one of my fav cars. at the start of this summer... but now that i saw this, i am reconsidering.

now obviously this forum is a little biased... but can you guys give me any real reasons to have one or the other...

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4

or

1999 or less Pontiac Trans Am WS6

im kinda leaning towards the neon.
i wonder if insurance would be cheaper... it would get better gas mileage. and i could drive it in the snow and rain and not die...

all good factors in my part. what you guys think.

i could get a TA by summer for like 8-10K

think the neon will be available then???

See less See more
#2 ·
i drive a 1986 trans am now and let me tell ya this from a nonbias point of view, i bought my trans am in october of last year and i have had it for a year, ok i did all the little upgrades and its and made it fast and loud and all, i got all the mustangs pulling up to me and shit and i won a few lost a few, but it got old really fast wow a fast trans am big deal there all fast! now a neon thats different! also the ride on the new trans am's suck my bestfriend had 1 and did an insurance job on it cause he got sick of it, it was a 2001 ram air too! quick but not fun, you cant do shit to it without having to spend hundreds of dollars, and 1 more point daily driver a trans am sucks! all im saying is that a trans am is fun but it does get boring fast IMO

#4 ·
last time I checked on my insurance would be on Trans Am is more than my monthly car payment.

You've prbably read all the reviews and info about the SRT-4.

It's your choice. I think wnxp0rnstar have a point or two.

Also, aren't they stop making Trans Am? If true, it maybe another little thought to consider.

#5 ·
also the other thing i dont like about the TA is there is no room inside it.
for your feet. for anyone else. and there is no trunk.

you guys think i could still get a SRT-4 near June?

#6 ·
If your young insurance on the WS6 is going to hurt. Gas Mileage is going to suck! you can fit 2 people, you and a passenger. But you can get to the 10's with a few thousand. They are loud and mean, and anyone in their right mind respects them, for what they can do. If you are in the snow, anyone in their right mind wouldnt try driving one of these.

Now on the flip side, neon, passibly catch a few mustangs and z28's offgaurd, so you have the sleeper affect working. Insurance is going to be cheaper, four doors, now you can take all your friends with you, and have leg room to boot! It will get you to work on those snowy mornings safely. And the best thing, with a few thousand you will give modified WS6's a run for their money, and you will be blowing the doors off any stock V8. And did I mention you can do all this with a baby-seat in the back, and a full trunk full of groceries, try doing that in a WS6.

If it is practical for you to have something that is cheaper, will have a full warranty, and get you around where you live safely in all weather conditions than the SRT-4 is your choice no question.

But if your need for speed outweights the other than the WS6 is your choice, it is faster hands down, it has more potential to be a 9sec street car.

#7 ·
Also, Firebirds are a pain in the ass to drive, they are so damn LONG, my girlfriend had one and when ever your trying to park the thing its like you have a damn limo or somthing... But then again, that LS1 is just evil, w/a 6 speed, the stuff dreams are made of...
Now off the subject, has anyone heard from their dealer lately??? My emailed me lately and told me the neon will not be out until April....

#8 ·
well i learned to drive in a full size van, and a 94 lincoln town car

and i drive a chevy lumina. i dont think there hard to drive at all, hehe.

but a small vehicle has its ups. and neons dont loose interior space either, my friends is just as big inside as my lumina and its bout 2/3 the size.

thanks for your opinions all, hopefully ill get one.

#11 ·
Hahahahahahah......old

#12 ·
ODEN33390 said:
Also, Firebirds are a pain in the ass to drive, they are so damn LONG, my girlfriend had one and when ever your trying to park the thing its like you have a damn limo or somthing... But then again, that LS1 is just evil, w/a 6 speed, the stuff dreams are made of...
Now off the subject, has anyone heard from their dealer lately??? My emailed me lately and told me the neon will not be out until April....

^^^ Yea that part gave it away to me:zzzz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.