Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
anybody notice the complete lack of torque with the blower. last i heard people are dynoing the srt4 with 220 hp and 250 lb/ft torque. there is no way the focus will come close to beating the srt4 in the 1/4.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My SVT runs stock 15.2 with 150hp to the wheels. The blower adds another 55hp to make 205hp to the wheels. Supposedly it should run 14.1's to 14.3's 1/4 mile. That right on target with a stock SRT4 Neon right? Remember the Focus is lighter than the neon.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
i think he ment 1500........and we can run our mouths all we want about it, but until you take it to the track nobody is right..........i mean i could sit here and blow smoke up all your @$$'s and say im getting a t4 turbo with 150 shot of nos with lsd and super cold air intake and rocket boosters, and say how i would own 911's and vipers and lambos.........but its all idle talk until i actually do it and have proof. so get ur mods, go to the track and show us time slips......becasue "theroretically" in drag racing just doesnt cut it. just imho.

·
Registered
13 Posts
boostedneonsrt4 said:
i think he ment 1500........and we can run our mouths all we want about it, but until you take it to the track nobody is right..........i mean i could sit here and blow smoke up all your @$$'s and say im getting a t4 turbo with 150 shot of nos with lsd and super cold air intake and rocket boosters, and say how i would own 911's and vipers and lambos.........but its all idle talk until i actually do it and have proof. so get ur mods, go to the track and show us time slips......becasue "theroretically" in drag racing just doesnt cut it. just imho.
Your right, but tonight I'm gonna go check out the SRT4 at Cerritos Dodge here in Southern Cali, I'm gonna test drive it, and see whats up..wish me luck.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
kgerth said:
Actually, the srt handles better than you think SVTfocus.... Don't try to say it doesn't until you actually drive one.

look at what SCC mag got with the SVT Focus in the slalom. 68.4 mph
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0301scc_20gsford/index.html
and here is what SCC mag got with the SRT-4 in the slalom. 69 mph
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests/012scc_dodge/index.html

I have a hard time believeing that the supercharger isn't going to void the manufacture's warrenty. Do you have any documentation on that? I would like to see the specifics.

-Kev
It will void the warranty. Where the SRT-4 STAGE packages are coming from the dealership and ready to be installed for warranty purposes.

However, like the end of rule of the road - 'L' - with the KING OF HILL Ram Srt-10, the SRT-4 was setup for room of expansion. Even the next Focus SC will not keep in the compact class champ SRT-4.

There is already a 300HP version being worked on by PVO (not to forget the GT Super cruiser).

·
Registered
109 Posts
“The SRT4 is clearly a winner of a car. My friend just bought a new SRT4, and that thing is a beast. Dodge has a winner on its hands.” Give the guy a break. He is trying to be balanced. And, I think he is right, BTW.

In Automobile’s comparo 04/03 where the SRT-4 won and the SVO came in second, the editors lauded the SVO’s handling.

I think every test of the SVO has talked about how well the Focus handled. Handling is more than raw numbers; it is a visceral thing. The SVO is a very good car.

If he puts a Jackson blower on he may give us a run for our money. What the hell, we will find out. This is kind of like the SRT vs the Evo. We will need some mods to compete, so will he.

·
Registered
8 Posts
acr2nv said:
blah blah blah I love dodge blah blah blah
Dude, stop being such a fan boy. SVTFocus didn't even say the Focus was in anyway better than the SRT-4 you just had to be an ass and try to make a point how much of a better platform the neon was. I've noticed a lot of people on this board have no respect for other people's cars. I understand that this is an SRT4 forum but you should promote car enthusiest to join your site so you can get a broader understanding with what is out there. Believe it or not there are other manufacturers out there that build better cars than the SRT4. We all know you "Grab life by the horns" but dude, let it go and be openminded.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
PB Pod said:
“The SRT4 is clearly a winner of a car. My friend just bought a new SRT4, and that thing is a beast. Dodge has a winner on its hands.” Give the guy a break. He is trying to be balanced. And, I think he is right, BTW.

In Automobile’s comparo 04/03 where the SRT-4 won and the SVO came in second, the editors lauded the SVO’s handling.

I think every test of the SVO has talked about how well the Focus handled. Handling is more than raw numbers; it is a visceral thing. The SVO is a very good car.

If he puts a Jackson blower on he may give us a run for our money. What the hell, we will find out. This is kind of like the SRT vs the Evo. We will need some mods to compete, so will he.
It is not SVT that applied the suspension, it was Roush Racing under contract to Ford to provide suspension work, supercharger integration, and few other mods.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hemidakota said:
PB Pod said:

It is not SVT that applied the suspension, it was Roush Racing under contract to Ford to provide suspension work, supercharger integration, and few other mods.
Supercharger integration? What do you mean? SVT is the company that is responsible for the SVT focus from A to B, no questions asked. By the way..I test drove the SRT4 the other day, very nice. I'm impressed, alot of potention in that car, stock vs stock the SVT handles alot better though, I could tell right off the bat, but if 1/4 mile is your thing, you can't go wrong with the SRT4, also if you have the extra cash, the Neon has always been an awesome platform if not the best platform for a superb handling car, heck they even banned the neon in some autoX classes, just because they outhandle everyone, LOL. I think I'll stick with SVT for awhile though, I'm gonna try the Jackson blower, that should make the SVT a more balanced performer.....

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
No offense but they contract out for the performance tuning. Even the 300 C Concept was contracted to Roush before PVO became an identity.

My friend is the PM for the Lightning Program. He had the 04 truck for about two years prior to the auto show release working on the Lightning prototype, body cladding, and suspension work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lamborghini did most of the development work on the alloy Viper V-10, Porsche helped develop the V twin on the new hot rod Harley, Roush does work for Ford, Lingenfelter (sp?) for Chevy, Lotus for Isuzu, etc. etc. I forget who Mazda Speed used for their turbo system. That does not take anything away from the in-house engineering department and their contribution. It is typically a team effort rather than 100% one or the other. A R&D consulting company might be given the responsibility for a few components in a system or the total system, however, it is always under the direction of the manufacturer.

Companies like Roush have done trouble shooting and developed systems for Buses. Some of these companies make more profit from their farmed out R&D departments than some of their more high profile endeavors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So your telling me that SVT has nothing to do with the suspension on the SVT Focus? Sorry, your wrong. SVT has they're own engineers. Show me proof that Roush did the suspension setup on the SVT Focus.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
SVTfocus said:
So your telling me that SVT has nothing to do with the suspension on the SVT Focus? Sorry, your wrong. SVT has they're own engineers. Show me proof that Roush did the suspension setup on the SVT Focus.
Bahahaaaaaa. Man! I must say, I thought I was a skeptic.

First, ask me if I really care. I really don't. I just stating what is happening at Roush Performance. Why? I have one of the beta units - Roush Mustang.

Next, they are currently working on the next gen Focus SVT, currently being tested with the latest blower to compete head on with the SRT-4.

Third, you don't want SVT engineers working on your suspension. You want someone with the experience of road racing (NASCAR, NASTRUCK, GT Class, GTS Class, and so on) vice some lame Ford engineer with no experience.

Fourth, SVT sub contracts its engineering work to Roush in Detroit. If you have the opporunity stop by the building, just maybe you may have the opportunity to see some cars and trucks being tested.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was browsing through some old car and driver magazines and I came across an article in the April 2002 issue.
I was a test of a jakson racing Supercharged ZX3.
Now it was stated that the stock ZX3 puts down about 103WHP.
After adding the supercharger with a Focus sport "shorty" header and cat back exhaust system the car put about 150WHP.
What was disappointing was that the 1/4 mile times was only 16.6 at around 84mph after the mods.
Hardly a screamer.
Granted the SVT has an additional 35 hp or so over the ZX3 but I cant imagine anymore than 185 WHP with a JR SC on an SVT.
Just MHO.

EDIT--> Here's the article
http://www.magportal.com/cgi-bin/rdir.cgi?w=91466

·
Registered
109 Posts
Might want to consider a turbo. 233 whp! http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0210tur_bolton3/
Don't think the price quoted includes the Haltech system.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts