Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
clearly, you could tell which one this guy picked(notice the backround)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406795418&category=31835

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
too damn funny.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a question though...according to that ad it is a 2002 ford focus svt...wasn't their first year this year '03?

·
Registered
71 Posts
For fun i emailed the dude to see if he liked his SRT-4. He did reply and said with all the torque of this thing its "like a v8". He states it seems to have more hp than the 215 stated. The shifter is not too smooth at times but its ok so far. His SVT handled a little better than the SRT-4 but not by much. He tried to beat a new Vette, which he kept up with for a while but the vette won in the end. Again, i cant wait to get this bad boy!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
did you tell him about the srtforums?

·
Registered
71 Posts
No, i will though. I did not expect him to reply! THe year is correct, its a 2002 limited production of 4788 for that year. Sounds familiar .... :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
The SRT4 is clearly a winner of a car. But don't count out the SVT yet. I'm buying the Jackson Racing blower for $2,700 which will put me at 205hp to the wheels, good for some very low 14 second 1/4 mile runs, plus the SVT outhandles most cars on the market, and the interior is pretty kick butt. My friend just bought a new SRT4, and that thing is a beast. Dodge has a winner on its hands. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Where did you get this dyno sheet from?
I checked the JR site and they had only the Focus ZX2 Dyno and even with the supercharger it was only putting down 150whp.
I dont think that the 2700 dollars is going to get you another 55 WHP over the ZX2.
What other mods does this car have and does the 3.6" pulley come with the stock kit?
How do they conquer the returnless fuel system?
ADJ. FPR?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i dunno bout you guys but for $2700 im sure theres gotta be more that can be done to that engine to get 50 more whp and 18wt wouldnt you agree?. What i do find funny is that my 2.0 SOHC Magnum ACR was making 140whp and 128wt nearly stock and the SVT makes 1 more wt and 10-15 more whp and it runs such horrible ETs. Mind you SVT guys at your price point if i put about less than a grand worth a work into the SOHC Magnum my car would still cost less than yours period and be faster. But i know its just a neon right? well after i get done tightening the adjustable struts and romping you around the auto x i can cruise home and have a huge party and still have money left cause i started out at $14k + mods = way less than an SVT Focus total. Dont get me wrong i give the car its credit but damn 10 recalls and counting...i couldnt deal with that. But i wish you luck in your $2700 quest..i will tell you that for a lil less than what you are gonna pay for that blower i can have a Neon that will run 14s and run circles around your SVT on and off any autox course :wink: :twisted: :lol: 8) WOW! which would leave me way too much money to spend to run 12s :lol:

But to each his own right? i wish you luck sir and hopefully if you are ever given the opportunity you'll experience first hand why the hype about the SRT4...its cause it delivers alot of bang for the buck and handles nearly identical to your SVT. I wanted an SVT but couldnt wait the time frame and it ended up being way more than what i wanted to spend.....ACR= fun fun fun :twisted:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, that $2,700 is gonna give me 205hp to the wheels. Good for very low 14 second timeslips and Ford does NOT void the warranty with this blower. The SVT owns in the handling department..I bought my car for $17,000 I have a kick butt stereo system, way better interior (just my opinion) and stock to stock the SVT kicks the SRT4's butt in handling. So basically the guy could have spend $2,700 and be just as fast as a stock SRT4 with better driving/handling characteristics, I'm sure he's losing lots of money selling the SVT...just my opinion.

Oh by the way...aren't you sick of everybody saying "its still a neon" or "its still a focus" after kicking they're ass in a race? LOL.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
15.2 at 90? wow RTs and ACRs (2.0 Magnum) pull 89-90mph traps themselves....wish you were here in FL so i could show you what 20hp and 10ft.lb tor ques less stock can do on 1 cam...stock for stock :twisted: :roll: but you go on get your blower....i'll keep u posted on my toys/ideas see how we do in the end...i say low 14s is a far cry but i will give you the doubt of a 14.5 atleast. Even with your blower i still think that an SRT4 would own you in every department but the handling might be close. Now what $2700 wouldnt do to an SRT....i'd make sure to spend $150 on a few key suspension mods that would make the SRT adequate to rape the SVT in every department then we are talkin. Again much luck...you ARE a brave soul but im braver cause remember we Neonites (non SRT4 owners) have a point to prove. Worry not im a SOHC guy and will not rest until my less than $5k project gobbles up SVTs, SRTs and anything else that dare try...of course thats the car in my sig but i have a neon brewing too...your SVT cant hang with a stock 86 GLHS and even if you remotely think you could outhandle one think again.....no real power differences what 20ft lb torque? no LSD in this tranny and the car is 5 speed and also 16 years old :twisted: :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm sorry but $150.00 is not gonna make an SRT4 rape an SVT, the neon is an awesome platform for an awesome handling car, but the new SVT Focus simply has it beat, your gonna need more than $150.00 to beat it in the slalom. Come on now...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually, the srt handles better than you think SVTfocus.... Don't try to say it doesn't until you actually drive one.

look at what SCC mag got with the SVT Focus in the slalom. 68.4 mph
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0301scc_20gsford/index.html
and here is what SCC mag got with the SRT-4 in the slalom. 69 mph
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests/012scc_dodge/index.html

I have a hard time believeing that the supercharger isn't going to void the manufacture's warrenty. Do you have any documentation on that? I would like to see the specifics.

-Kev

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
You'll need more than 150 to own, but not much more. A set of Mopar Adjustable Coilovers for the ACR will bolt into the SRT, and then there won't be any doubt as to the owning. The Neon platform has dominated AutoX's for a long while, and the SRT won't be any different. I really like the SVT, but the Coilover setup is less than $2700.00, so i'm thinking for somebody who is choosing between the two, itd be easier to get the SRT with the power and upgrade the handling than to get a SVT to increase it's power AND handling to match. BTW, welcome to the board, and Nice car!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
18 Participants
abaddsm
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing