1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "rules" for my decision:

1. Price difference is not a problem.
2. I won't be modding the car I buy.

Which would you buy if they cost the same?

TIA,
kenzo

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
kenzo said:
The "rules" for my decision:

1. Price difference is not a problem.
2. I won't be modding the car I buy.

Which would you buy if they cost the same?

TIA,
kenzo
STi, especially if you're not going to mod. And even if you do it gives you a better baseline car with better components to work with. You can assume the STi will outhandle and outperform the SRT and IMO the build quality is much better.

-faast

·
Registered
199 Posts
To me, the STi is a souped up nerd car. I've never been a fan of the subaru engines or cars...even the WRX. Not only that, but it's hideous. But if you are looking for better performance and anemnities, then I'd go for the STi

·
Registered
864 Posts
Is it going to be your only car? Is it a commuter? If so how far? The SRT-4 would honestly make a better daily driver, but the STI will beat it in every performance measure stock vs stock.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Slow5OH said:
STi, especially if you're not going to mod. And even if you do it gives you a better baseline car with better components to work with. You can assume the STi will outhandle and outperform the SRT and IMO the build quality is much better.
you sure talk alot of shit about a car you dont even own.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Being I am getting an SRT-4. I'd say that. BUT I do like the STi other than pricing. But if money is no object, buy the SRT-4 and give me the difference of what you would have paid for an STi. Sound like a deal?
J/K. I'd read more into both cars if you are not sure and test drive an SRT-4. Then maybe it'll help you decide a little better.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I buy american cars, so I would still buy an SRT-4. The STi is a real good looking car, but I will never buy a japanese car.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Is this an attempt by a WRX owner to see if we would only pick the SRT? The STi will prolly be a better car in a lot of respects, but price is an issue since it costs at least 10k more (assuming you get the STi for MSRP anyways). If someone told me to pick a free car, of course i'd pick the STi, but that said, I'm very happy with the SRT-4.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
NO price limit?

Why stop at the STI then? Evo 8 ring a bell?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
Slow5OH said:
you sure talk alot of shit about a car you dont even own.
How was I talking shit? I said the car had better components(which is true), I said it will prolly outperform the SRT(which is true), and then I gave my opinion to which the build quality of the STi is better. So you tell me how I was talking shit? Why do I always feel like I am talking to a 13 year old when I'm talking to you LID?

-faast

·
Registered
864 Posts
cali said:
NO price limit?

:roll: He said price isn't a factor, meaning he can afford both and isn't bothered by the extra cost of the STi. That does not mean no price limit.

JC

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
cali Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:10 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO price limit?

Actually Cali, the STi is supposed to come in around $32-35k, whereas the Evo VIII is $30k MSRP. Both will start with $15-20k markups, before they drop to their MSRP's.

But for Kenzo, if price is no object, GET A FUCKING PORSCHE GT2!!!! DUH! I'd take a Lamborghini Diablo if price was no object...

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Slow5OH said:
I said it will prolly outperform the SRT(which is true), and then I gave my opinion to which the build quality of the STi is better.
the car isnt even out yet. what is it you yell all of the time? MAGAZINE RACER.

Why do I always feel like I am talking to a 13 year old when I'm talking to you LID?
cause youre an idiot? sorry, i cant help ya there.

·
Registered
864 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
the car isnt even out yet. what is it you yell all of the time? MAGAZINE RACER.
The STi IS faster, I've seen the times SRTs run and I know what the STis will run.

JC

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
The STi IS faster, I've seen the times SRTs run and I know what the STis will run.
oh really, new engine, and you know what the car will run already. maybe you should enlighten everyone.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.