Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if any of y'all know the difference in the say '95 model 420a and the SRT-4 420a... i mean besides the turbo lol. like placement, specs, etc...

might be a certain project *hint hint* :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
its not a 420a, its a A855 (SRT-4), which is a modified A853 (PT turbo motor). A855 has different manifolds and other small changes. The A853 & A855 are the built 2.4L a lot, lot stronger than the 420a.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks so much, im just a DSM'er so im still learning. im attempting to drop the A855 in my eclipse, oops spilled the beans, might be a first. I have a 420a and some DSMers had told me that they thought the SRT-4 has a 2.4L modified version of the neon 420a motor. Im goin to be doin all the work myself with the help of a friend so im just tryin to get as much information as i can. anyone have a good pic of their bay? and does anyone know if there's any SRT-4 forums or clubs in the DFW area????
thanks again

·
Registered
248 Posts
well considering how many avengers i know, i would say you're running a modified chyrsler 420A in your car. The srt4 motor is base on the original 2.0L chyrsler made way back, but has evolved tremondously over the last couple of years. The SRT motor would be pretty much the most advance chyrsler 4-cylinder engine made as of yet. I would suggest you just build the hell out of your 420A.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh, my 420a has potential and i considered doin a Hahn racecraft stage 4 or stage 5 turbo kit at about 500+ whp
... but it's been done, and my buddies have problems with their turboed 420a's.... so im doin something that i havent heard of anyone doing yet

·
Registered
584 Posts
yeah.. one big problem... the neon engine is NOT A 420 anything... depending on the camming its either a D4RE or a S4RE not a 420 anything.. the only cars that actually have a 420 are the mitsubishis who have them..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im aware of that now... thanks... and btw my motor was made by daimler chrysler at the DSM plant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts