Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dano if this is true but I heard the exhaust manifold, turbo, wastegate, blow off valve, and down pipe are all one cast piece and nothing is interchangable. So should you wanna do any modifacation to the turbo setup, you gotta basically buy a whole new turbo set up and start all over again. What do u guys know about this. Would something like a wrx be a better investiment if I know I don't wanna stay stock and upgrade...

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
you dont need to post this 2 different places to get a response. :wink:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The manifold and turbo are one piece, but they will be upgradable, as the stage 2 mopar upgrade changes the turbo. The WRX is a great car, but, IMO, I like the SRT better :)

BTW, you mentioned the W word, and this thread is going to hell quick, i'm sure :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
you sure they are "one piece" with the down pipe?

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
they look like they are 2 piece to me.

·
Registered
449 Posts
boostedneonsrt4 said:
i read in the srt-4 service manual that the turbo unbolts from the set up.......it tells you excatly how to do it...........
The compressor housing will unbolt, but there is no way to remove the exhaust housing from the manifold since it is one piece.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The manifold is incorperated into the exhaust housing.
The o2 housing can unbolt and will surly be an upgrade along with the downpipe which can also be easily unbolted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
abaddsm
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing