Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man it is so good to have my car fixed. Hayward Dodge called me as soon as the clutch master came in for my SRT-4 Neon. Fred Stein head of service was very understanding in my fear of damage to the car by working on it (scratches, wipping the clear coat and swirl marks, etc.) Kim worked on my car and he has a lot of experience with Vipers and has gone to a racing school. He was very careful with the car and it took him about an hour to remove and install, test and adjust the clutch master and pedal.
This is the best my clutch system has worked since I got the car. When I got the car on 2-25-2003 I found that I always had to push the clutch pedal all the way done to disengage the clutch. Now while at speed I just have to push down just past halfway.
If you live in the San francisco Bay area and have an SRT-4 and need service I would go to Hayward Dodge and contact Fred Stein first. Then I would ask for mechanics Kim or Larry Russo they will be very careful with your car. If you have a clutch slave and master failure these guys now have the hands experience and are experts with it now.
Remeber if your clutch slave fails your clutch master should be checked too. In my case the clutch master failed and caused the clutch slave to be destroyed by over extending it.
I will post the part numbers one more time. Clutch Master cylinder is part number 5037340AA . The Clutch Slave cylinder is part number 5037339AA .
As far as I know 4 SRT-4's in the United States have had this happen.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
finally , geez
you must be going into withdrawl

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I was, Life had little meaning til I got my clutch system fixed. The guys at Hayward Dodge have really changed for the better. They really try not to mess your car up. No more service writers putting the paperwork on your hood or trunk and using it for a table to write on. They all use clipboards now.
You may recall that I thought something was up with the clutch when i bought the car. If yours feels fine I doubt that yours will fail on you. So far Nationwide 4 SRT-4 Neons have. So far I have not seen an SRT-4 on the road in these parts. Oh yah gas here is 2.49 a gallon for 91 octane and the cheapest is 2.14 a gallon at AM/PM for 91 octane.
These are neat cars.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
ah thats way too expensive !!
i pay $1.82 for mobile :D

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
gas down in So Cal is $2.35 for 91. It really sucks, because my buddy just came down from Michigan, and it's only $1.79 there, he said. (91 also )

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
SRT-4_2-25-03 said:
So far I have not seen an SRT-4 on the road in these parts. Oh yah gas here is 2.49 a gallon for 91 octane and the cheapest is 2.14 a gallon at AM/PM for 91 octane.
These are neat cars.
Did you go to the SCCA Autox meet this past Sunday at Golden Gate Fields? There was a black SRT-4 there... didn't get a chance to talk to the guy, though.... Looked nice... first time seeing one in person... And some friends of mine spotted one on 101 the day before... There are a few around... I'll get mine sometime too.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
bmxfreak
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing