Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fits under 17" stock wheels (11.7" kit):

This kit includes:
  • 2 Two-piece center-mount rotors (Oversized from original 11")
  • 2 4-Piston calipers
  • 2 Aluminum adapters and hardware
  • 1 Set of Hawk HPS brake pads (HB178F.564 - D647)

The following items are required to install to fit the stock wheel, and come with the kit:
  • 2 Aluminum wheel spacers (12mm thick)
  • 1 Axel set (10 each class 10.9 alloy steel high strength studs - 55mm long)
  • Stainless steel brake lines (Front only - BL321-TF)
Two-piece center-mount rotors:
Position: Front
Size: 300x28mm (11.7") or 332x24mm (13")
Weight: 12.4 lbs. (300x28mm) - 14.4lbs (332x24mm)

Our two-piece rotors are designed and produced with most innovative and advanced cutting edge technology.

Material: Alloyed iron formula adds strength and heat resistance. Heat treating further improves rotor performance for a more uniform and stabilized microstructure.
EDP Coating: EDP (Electro-Deposition Paint) protection against rust & corrosion (about 500 hours salt spray test, vs. common bright zinc plating of 100 hours).
Convergent Vane (Pat. Pending - Illustration #1)
The cooling vanes are of a convergent nozzle design, which increases airflow and turbulence and makes discs cooler.

Center-mount (Pat. Pending - Illustration #2)
The center-mount flanges for hat mounting to the rotor ring have several benefits:
  • It allows the ring to be used on either side of the vehicle simply by mounting the hat on either side of the ring (unidirectional).
  • The stress load transferred from the ring to the hat is balanced.
  • Air inlets are widely open to both inboard and outboard sides of the rotor. More air suctions and even temperature on both sides of the disc surface.
  • Heat transfer from the disc surfaces to the hat is even and minimized by increasing the flange length and the airflow around the flanges.
  • Mounting flanges are on both friction surfaces ultimately provides excellent heat balance.

Studs (11.7" kit)
  • 55mm (12mm longer than stock studs)
  • Proof Load: 830 MPa (120,000 psi)
  • Tensile Strength: 1,040 MPa (151,000 psi)
  • Upgraded for racing purposes.

Spacer (11.7" kit)
  • 12mm spacer, EDP coated.

Caliper
  • Body machined from 6061-T6 forged aluminum.
  • Piston sizes are 38mm x 38mm.
  • Double-sealed dust & fluid pistons with external fluid crossover.
  • Powder coated red, resistant to heat and brake fluid.
  • Caliper weight: 5 lbs. without pads, 6.5 lbs with pads.

Adapter: 7075-T6 Aluminum alloy adapter

Hardware
Exclusive full floating design with 10.9 grade alloyed hardware. Hardware is DACRO coated and crimp locking. DACRO is highly corrosion resistant and provides a film for easier movement between the hat and rotor ring as disc expands and contracts and the crimp design provides positive engagement without rattling or torque loss at temperature.

Pricing & ordering:
http://www.racingbrake.com/DODGE_Brake_Kits_s/4402.htm

To help the community understand the importance of how a rotor is designed, and what we are all about, please read the articles we have posted on our website:
What rotor is good for me?
Why the rotor is so important to a brake system?
Why a rotor needs to be balanced?
Two-piece Rotor Description
Feature Comparison - RacingBrake rotors compared to the competition

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Hey,

I'm very interested in a BBK for my SRT-4 and also the possiblity of providing them to our customers. Where are you guys located in NJ and can you showcase them to us in person? I'd love to see them live rather then on a computer screen if thats possible.

Also, do you guys have any shots of the oversized 13" kit on an SRT-4 by chance?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are located in Boonton, NJ.

Yes just make an appointment to come see us.

I will go through my pictures and see if I have one for web.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
sdoow said:
We are located in Boonton, NJ.

Yes just make an appointment to come see us.

I will go through my pictures and see if I have one for web.
Cool. Thats about 25-30 mins from me. :thumbsup:

I'll check your business hours and make an appt. Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Your brake set is really nice looking. Are you guys manufacturing the calipers yourself or are they another brand rebadged.

I would like to do bigger brakes in the near future, and these definitely look up my alley. :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Just curious if there are any user reviews on this upgrade?

·
Registered
135 Posts
While I dont have any real expierence with the 4pot big brake kit, I do run their OEM replacement rotors and pads. These brakes are very, very quiet and have a solid controled feel to them now. The harder you step on the brake pedal, the better the brakes feel.

I was also the guy that racingbrake used to testfit the 4pot kit and can say from seeing it 1st hand that it is a quality kit. Everything that I have seen come out of racingbrake has been top notch :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Thank you, anyone else?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts