Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for friendly conversation. Owned these cars for quite some time and i know we all have our own tastes and opinions.

What appearance mods do not like on these cars?

For me, Eyelids.

Yes I had this mod on a prior SRT-4 for a short while years and years ago. i believe the car looks better without them.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Just for friendly conversation. Owned these cars for quite some time and i know we all have our own tastes and opinions.

What appearance mods do not like on these cars?

For me, Eyelids.

Yes I had this mod on a prior SRT-4 for a short while years and years ago. i believe the car looks better without them.
Several of the modifications look silly to me.. chrome wheels, removing the stock wing, cutting rhe cross bars out of the bumper and painting the front black so it looks like an eclipse. Stubby antennas, just remove it, FFS.
oh and stancing.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
169 Posts
Several of the modifications look silly to me.. chrome wheels, removing the stock wing, cutting rhe cross bars out of the bumper and painting the front black so it looks like an eclipse. Stubby antennas, just remove it, FFS.
oh and stancing.

I believe the SRT-4 is WELL designed. Since the beginning, I’ve always thought they never needed any body kits or modifications to look good expect being lowered a little. As mentioned above, they all look ridiculous (removing cross hairs, painting bumper, stancing) and this car looks too good to do anything to it.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Removing crosshairs for one, and removing the wing without replacing it with something else for another.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
278 Posts
I've never done any of those mods but, as the OP said, to each his own. Aside from a few Mopar Performance mods, anything on my SRT that has been replaced has been with an OEM part so it still looks like it did when I took delivery.

EDIT: I do have Booger Bushings on the car and an A/C line gasket that aren't OEM... I had forgotten about these things when I originally posted.

·
Super Moderator
16,769 Posts
Stance... stretched tires... "slammed" They all three go together and they ruin cars. Anytime I see one that has been in a wreck I think to myself...

"Hmm, there's a car that committed suicide"

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I've never done any of those mods but, as the OP said, to each his own. Aside from a few Mopar Performance mods, anything on my SRT that has been replaced has been with an OEM part so it still looks like it did when I took delivery.

EDIT: I do have Booger Bushings on the car and an A/C line gasket that aren't OEM... I had forgotten about these things when I originally posted.
Lol. you redefine particular.

·
Registered
780 Posts
When the crosshairs and center of the front bumper are painted to look like an Evo X. I fucking hate that shit. So played out and tacky.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with all other posts (except that I do like eyelids - can’t commit to buying them, cause I love the OEM look a lot too). I will also add clear tail lights and equally the black 3D looking tail lights - can’t stand either of those. The OEM tail lifts are perfect so I hate to see them touched.

Also, the giant “SRT-4” sticker across the front windshield (or pretty much anywhere) is up there too.

- Oh, and cheap / eBay projector lights also take away from the car’s look.

- Bright colored interior dash trim bugs me too (radio bezel, heat vents, etc.).

- A lowered SRT4 (or really any car) that sits noticeably lower in the back (ass sag, as I like to call it) is a great way to mess up a look.

Boy, this really turned into a little rant for me! :)

·
Registered
14,983 Posts
Stance.

Wing removal is a performance mod. Picked a couple mph in the quarter when I removed mine. :sneaky:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Eyelids on anything aside from a black car, hated them since since 2003.

"SRT" banners. Anywhere.

Not a fan of the crosshair mods (paint, remove). It's not an Evo.z

The hate Viper badges have gotten. They "were" supposed to be a cool nod to the "older brother", but somewhere in the last 19 years they became something else.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts