Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been running the SP for about a month now and have liked everything except PTB! I was driving the other night and was spiking 17, holding 14 when all of a sudden, it held 20psi in third:wah?!: !! I got out of it and then tried again.............same thing, 20psi spike!! I was thinking the turn buckle was hung up on something and decided to fix it the next day. Got up the next day and went outside to fix whatever was wrong. I popped the hood and found nothing. I removed the spring hoping that the car would run normal now. Took it around the block and found that it hits 13psi and "creeps" to 15!! So, I think the WGA is fucked, but I still have plenty of boost!! I'm not worried, I'll be getting S2 VERY soon.:thumbsup:

Just thought I'd share................

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SRT4Blubyu said:
Why don't you replace the spring with a Noodle and lets see what happens. :rofl:

Hmmmmm, that's an idea.......................

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
due to the hotter temps you will run a bit higher boost. but why not just turn the buckle down and run less boost? i've been running the SM for 2-3 months now and never seen a spike that high. maybe 18 at most.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SRT_Maniac said:
due to the hotter temps you will run a bit higher boost. but why not just turn the buckle down and run less boost? i've been running the SM for 2-3 months now and never seen a spike that high. maybe 18 at most.
It didn't have anything to do with the temps. It was fine one second, then 20psi the next.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
barreled4ever said:
boost is different in every gear...not uncommon to spike more in third/4th than first/second....wastegate isnt broken
Here's the thing, when I removed it about a week ago, it would only boost 12. And now it holds 15 in all but 1st and 5th. 1st is 11, 5th is 16.

·
Premium Member
45,259 Posts
first ramen now spring mod? man you are a cheap bastard, are you sure your not the bum living in the alley behind my house?

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Pizza Boy said:
first ramen now spring mod? man you are a cheap bastard, are you sure your not the bum living in the alley behind my house?
:rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$RT4 said:
lol
if you're holding 20 psi on stock fuel....
It held for longer than I wanted. I backed out as soon as I saw it wasn't going down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts