Dodge SRT Forum banner

321 - 340 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #321 (Edited)
I made a boost leak tester from Lowe's Performance(plumbing) Center and it worked great for my 240sx. I think I have a bad solenoid ($95) I might need to replace but my downpipes just arrived!.
What are your mods?
I have a S1, AEM CAI, CX racing direct fit intercooler, Mopar BOV, and Needswings 3" catless DP with electric cutout...I also have slotted and crossdrilled rotors, lowered on springs for now and I just got a set of XXR's but I'm waiting on my next paycheck to get tires. I think the Mopar BOV is leaking boost but not sure. I have a Home Depot Performance boost leak tester I'm bout to go down to the shop and try to figure out where my boost is leaking from.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a S1, AEM CAI, CX racing direct fit intercooler, Mopar BOV, and Needswings 3" catless DP with electric cutout...I also have slotted and crossdrilled rotors, lowered on springs for now and I just got a set of XXR's but I'm waiting on my next paycheck to get tires. I think the Mopar BOV is leaking boost but not sure. I have a Home Depot Performance boost leak tester I'm bout to go down to the shop and try to figure out where my boost is leaking from.
Do you also happen to have a wide band? Should be able to tell if you're running pig rich from leak like mine did but you get some sweet flames! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a60yd8KaOFA
If you go to a shop, have them do a smoke test, should be super cheap to do, its like baby oil heated up is all lol.

I would pull apart your Mopar bov since its easy to get to and check out the black wafer? Been a while since when I had put mine in forever ago.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Do you also happen to have a wide band? Should be able to tell if you're running pig rich from leak like mine did but you get some sweet flames! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a60yd8KaOFA
If you go to a shop, have them do a smoke test, should be super cheap to do, its like baby oil heated up is all lol.

I would pull apart your Mopar bov since its easy to get to and check out the black wafer? Been a while since when I had put mine in forever ago.
I am gonna take the Mopar BOV off and see how it runs. I need to get a wideband tho, that will probably be the next thing I buy...after tires that is.

·
Registered
213 Posts
And my boost solenoids checked out to be okay....looks like a smoke test is needed....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Spotted Silver Str4 over at penn and sw 89th, think they work at the on-cue there and also a red one going to work on Meridian and Reno. Both looked as stock as could be. Found my boost leak, plastic endtank on driver side of intercooler had a line of oil all down the seal when I was installing my downpipes. Looks like i need an intercooler...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Ive spent allot of money in the last week. :ben: and still lots O more money needed. All will be worth it of course.

And Im thinking of going back to stock cams.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Bought some new coilovers... Mopar stage 3's.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Put in new 6 new spark plugs 1 step colder NGK 5992's for $76 bucks, car runs beyond amazing now holding about 16-17psi. Anyone know who's SRT4 that works at the Oncue on 89th and S penn?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Put in new 6 new spark plugs 1 step colder NGK 5992's for $76 bucks, car runs beyond amazing now holding about 16-17psi. Anyone know who's SRT4 that works at the Oncue on 89th and S penn?
Wrong side of town for me. Im glad plugs are cheap in the neon, :readclose.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Anyone know where you can get 91+ octane other than at the Former Shell (boyle?) station on NW63rd and Western? Going to pay a visit to TVRP soon. Also put on car and pulled easy on LS2 vette with exhaust on the highway. So happy car is running great finally! Another question, any good place to get a dyno taken? Went to Alternative motorsports when I had the srt 4 but wondering if anything else is around.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yes, the Sinclair's (J&R Battery) sells 93 at the pump. Its pricey though. He also sells 118 leaded fuel, and you have to put it in a container. Very nice guy, full service station but pricey. As for the dyno, have you looked at maybe XP racing? Alternative is still alright as well. I personally would not deal with Abel.

321 - 340 of 375 Posts