Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...i just got the January 2003 issue of the SCC a week ago(yes I get them early) in which they compared 8 cars under $20K and guess who came out on top...

-1- Dodge SRT-4
-2- Mazda Protoge turbo
-3- Ford SVT Focus (tie)
-3- Mini Cooper S (tie)
-5- Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
-6- Hyundai Tiburan V6
-7- Volkswagen GTI 1.8T
-8- Honda Civic Si

there performance specs are...

Measured wheel HP: 223 hp @ 5700 rpm
Measured Wheel Torque: 250 lbs @ 3000 rpm

0-60 5.8 seconds
¼mile in 14.2 @ 99.5 mph
60-0 119 ft.

BEST FEATURE:

Holy front-mount, Batman! This thing isn't just turbocharged, it's turbocharged right. Big engine; big boost; big intercooler; snortin', poppin', growlin' exaust. Yeah, we like the engine.

WORST FEATURE: It's not as sorely missed as you might expect, but obviously any car with this kind of power needs a limited-slip diff. The stock open diff is and uncharacteristic oversight.

my favorite quote from this issue...

"Power output is so far beyond anything else in this segment, it's almost embarrassing."

now my question is...should magazine's be comparing the SRT-4 to vehicles like these? Because I really think this car is in a different league...in other words, "It should be rolling with the Big Dogs!"

For example...

-Suburu WRX
-Nissan 350Z
-Porsche Boxster S
-Honda S2000
-Honda Accord V6 6speed(2003)
-Acura RSX Type S
-Ford Mustang GT
-BMW 330xi

Anyway, be sure to get 01/03 issue of Sport Compact Car and write your thoughts about it...cya! :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
almost forgot...

SCC has finally updated their site and you can check out ...
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests/012scc_dodge/
or
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests
more pics than in the Mag!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
so when is the new SCC supposed to be out? i need to get it!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it'll be out around the beginning to middle of december...i just got it because my best friend owns a performance shop here in NJ and he get's like 5 different magazines a month before they come out in stores so he lets' me keep whatever i want :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
hmmm, i know the guys at EIP. guess ill have to take a trip and see if they have it yet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ya, it almost should be in annother class like with the big boys as everyone else seems to be in the mid 15's to low 16's and similar in performance and then there is the SRT-4 to which nothing can compare. I just sure think it will be funny when someone in a much more expensive car like a 350Z for instance gets taken out by one, he wont know what hit him, I personally can't wait to see that. :D

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Jan. SCC is out right now on the news stands. Went and looked at it, really short write up wasn't worth my 5 bucks to get another mag that is full of import crap. But it is impressive to keep seeing these import guys starting to change their tune on " But it is still just a neon ". I think they are really starting to get scared. :twisted:

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Holy OLD THREAD BATMAN

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I've got that issue, and the one where they named it Sport Compact Car of the Year, in fact I think I have every mag that's ever had the SRT-4 in it...

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I still remember drooling over the yellow SRT concept,I think I was 21 or 22 at the time but I already knew I was going to get one! I was all amazed that it could do 14.2 in the 1/4 have 220hp,turbo and all for $18k! I even remember feeling jealous because when it came out everyone had one and I couldn't do shiet about it because my license was suspended til ...2005! Anyways,once 05 came around and it ran a [email protected] as well as having LSD and a bump in HP...I was set..I got one as soon as my suspension was up! :thumbsup:

3 months later I got my another ticket for 75 in a 45 as well as tint a few days later.:rofl:

DOh! it's the skittles fault! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
$RT4
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing