Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with a ported intake mani, TB/spacer, ported head and BC S3 cams how much faster should full boost come on? i hit 24psi about 4200ish right now. would all this portwork get that 24psi down to like 3200? would it REALLY give me 1000RPM more of full boost giving me a wider powerband? i know port work helps alot with the spool on our car, the head more than anything but i dont know how much it helps. id like to hear from some people that have got BC S3/crower S2, port work on the head and intake combos on how much faster their turbo hit full boost.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
with a ported intake mani, TB/spacer, ported head and BC S3 cams how much faster should full boost come on? i hit 24psi about 4200ish right now. would all this portwork get that 24psi down to like 3200? would it REALLY give me 1000RPM more of full boost giving me a wider powerband? i know port work helps alot with the spool on our car, the head more than anything but i dont know how much it helps. id like to hear from some people that have got BC S3/crower S2, port work on the head and intake combos on how much faster their turbo hit full boost.
not even close... 3200 you'de need to do A LOT more than that... and I dont even think it'd be possible honestly... your turbo is kinda the same as the GT3076R right? When I had my 3076R on the car it was making 22psi and 443whp by 3700rpm with no porting or polishing, no headwork, stock cams no nitrous, etc...

im calling 35-3600 on your car...

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
you can tune the cams to help spool it up better. a head will help. but if hes saying 35-3600 that isnt bad at all.

·
Registered
818 Posts
just add nitrous.....drop your spool down insane amounts. And if you already got the motor built isnt anything a 75 shot wont hurt. But at 3600 i wouldnt be complaining. Good Luck

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
KeyboardCommando said:
not even close... 3200 you'de need to do A LOT more than that... and I dont even think it'd be possible honestly... your turbo is kinda the same as the GT3076R right? When I had my 3076R on the car it was making 22psi and 443whp by 3700rpm with no porting or polishing, no headwork, stock cams no nitrous, etc...

im calling 35-3600 on your car...
a tubular manifold will help spool a good amount... I hit 25psi on a 3076r @3100-3200 rpms no cams no headwork:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
a 3076 is a updated version of the 50 trim. just over 3000 rpms is right where it should be.

I'd say your boost will only come on a few hundred rpms sooner. Somewhere in 3800-3900 rpms.

If you want it in the low 3000 rpms nitrous will be the only way.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RedSRT4Me said:
a 3076 is a updated version of the 50 trim. just over 3000 rpms is right where it should be.

I'd say your boost will only come on a few hundred rpms sooner. Somewhere in 3800-3900 rpms.

If you want it in the low 3000 rpms nitrous will be the only way.
nah, i'll just get a smaller turbo.

thanks guys.

anybody else wanting to share their experiences with headwork and how much faster spool u got please do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts