Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
50 trim .63a/r vs DBB 50 trim .83a/r?
I was guessing they should be close since bigger a/r adds lag around 300-400 rpms than .63/ar....am'I wrong?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Im not an expert by any means, but I think it would create more lag than just a few hundred RPM's.

Why do you want to do this?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm thinking since I'm gonna full PnP heads plus cams (maybe 14), is possible to get the advantage a .83a/r would give you on the top end while spooling fast due to DBB and PnP heads with cams which I understand it can increase spool up to 400 rpms plus add a dp with cut out. what you guys think?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
snowmen said:
Well I'm thinking since I'm gonna full PnP heads plus cams (maybe 14), is possible to get the advantage a .83a/r would give you on the top end while spooling fast due to DBB and PnP heads with cams which I understand it can increase spool up to 400 rpms plus add a dp with cut out. what you guys think?

sounds good to me.....

my turbo has a .83 a/r.....

however, if your going to add some lag here, maybe you should step up to a bigger snail.....

the beauty of the dbb 50trim is its quick spool and great power...

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
The 50 trim with a .82a/r is not a good match. I don't think even AGP will recommend it. Go with at least a 60 trim or 60-1 for the .82 turbine side.

trust me, I know my turbos.....

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Lucille said:
sounds good to me.....

my turbo has a .83 a/r.....

however, if your going to add some lag here, maybe you should step up to a bigger snail.....

the beauty of the dbb 50trim is its quick spool and great power...
Agreed, bigger would be better than trying to get a DBB 50 trim to do something its not designed to do.

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
It's very easy to max out the 50 trim with a .63 A/R. The .82 would create more lag than the extra peak power (if any measureable at all) would give. If you're going with the 50 trim, stick to the .63, you won't be disappointed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts