Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
bigbadsrt

turboweasel24 said:
all they do is charge u to find u sponsors
Question, How did you put your upper motor mount on your car. because i put them on mine and the upper one broke, the big bushing fell out and can not find it, If you you could tell me how it might have broke you can email me at [email protected] THANKS

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
"You do not have to accept any particular quasi-sponsorship or full sponsorship but you will be charged the initial $89 set up fee if we locate, secure and award you a sponsorship."

I actually did this last year, it wasn't really worth the 89 dollar set up fee. But I did get a sponsorship through decalkits.com, Blaupunkt, and some Carbon Fiber company. I was sent multiple 'coupons' in the mail for free carbon fiber this and that. Blaupunkt gave me a deal to where I could get all of their items at cost. If you deck out your car hardcore and send them pics and stuff, there is a chance they will give you a full sponsorship and pay for anything that you want. Including the expenses to go to competitions.

It isn't really a scam, just a big question of whether or not you want to spend the money to get cheap stuff. I actually think it would be about the same in the end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's a scam

Once you pay the initial fee, you can purchase your sponsors' products at "deep discounts." It seems that everyone, regardless of make or model receives the same initial sponsorship package (hmmm). They want to see photos of your car with the sponsor's decals plastered on it. You are "required" to attend a set number of shows per show season (with photographic proof) to maintain your sponsorships. If you do well, you could potentially obtain full (read free stuff) sponsorships from your sponsors in the future. The kicker is that most of the products are one-timers (i.e. lambo doors, LED kits, etc). They want you to keep them updated on your car's progress, but rarely if ever respond when you do. If you notify them that you are dropping the sponsorship program, they will fine you for leaving the program early. But, if you leave without notifying them, you won't get fined (wtf???). Ask me how I know all of this. I got into it for a little while before I wised up. I did get a kickin' set of lambo doors for my PT, though! :clap:
I guess it's a good way of getting discounts on decent stuff, but a true sponsor would provide their product free of charge and would have a very thorough screening process, not an online aplication. :jester:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ic ic im just better of doing it my F***ing self..u want something done u gotta do it urself..yah it seemed kinda shady

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
I did this before and it is a scam!!! They charge you 89 buck, send you a "free" DVD, and they'll tell you that is is a partial sponsorship up to 10000 bucks. That means when you want to get something you call them and they get you a "discounted" price off of the manifactures msrp which you end up paying way more for what you wanted than you could get it anywhere else. The "discounted" price for the part you wanted goes toward the 10000 they said they'd sponsor you for. If you want, you could send me 89.00 and I'll personaly sponsor your car, but I won't send you a dvd, or any stickers (lol lol) My .02 save your money!

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
I've been watching this for three years now. Lots of folks paid, lots got squat besides a silly $30 sticker package. We have a few folks here that are really sponsored, and not a one of them had to pay the company that is sponsoring them.

Just search here, titles only, carsponsorships.co, you'll find all the tales.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts