Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking through the service manual here about how to remove the crank pulley and it says that I need a "specail tool number 6827a" which is an insert that goes in the crank to give the puller something to pull agaist. It also has an installation tool number 6792. Where can I get these?? Im wanting to do the MPX pulley and I have the jaw puller and want to make the install as easy and proper as possible. I know people who have screwed up the crank threads trying to install pulleys the wrong way and I defanatly dont want that, please help me out if you know.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did advance have the pulley puller its self or the insert for the crank? I have a 3 jaw puller I need the insert for the crank and the install tool.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Miller Special Tools, 28635
Mound Rd, Warren, MI 48092
(800) 801-5420
http://www.miller.spx.com/

You can use a 5-ton, 3-jaw puller but you will need the insert that goes inside of the crankshaft for the puller to press against. Check on Neons.org for more details. Many have used a 1/4" x 6" ratchet extension-NOT a 3/8 one, it WILL get stuck.

·
Registered
248 Posts
go to lowes look around for a solid metal piece, use a socket to gold that piece in place stick into the crank.... then pull if you have a impact gun, comes off in two snaps.. if you have a rachet only then you'll need to use something to prevent the pulley.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
jmg2k3srt4 said:
Did advance have the pulley puller its self or the insert for the crank? I have a 3 jaw puller I need the insert for the crank and the install tool.
they had everything I needed. cost me like $15 for a 24 hour use and I got $5 back when I returned the tool.

C

·
Registered
759 Posts
make sure to post how it feels post underdrive pulley!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys :thumbsup: it will probably be a few weeks before I do the install. I just wanted to make sure I could find the proper tools first but Ill be sure to post a review when I get it done.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Advance didn’t have what I needed. So I turned to McMaster Carr. See screenshot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts