Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do yall think is better who here r useing these clutchs.. i think i might get a spec 3i for the srt4.. any thoughts..

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
did search found alot of good stuff but i would like a update on the guys that have spec or clutch masters. info..please..

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have a spec 3 with lightened pressure plate and I absolutely love it. Very minor chatter somtimes at idle, same pedal feel as stock and it holds the power that I am putting down with no problem. Bought it from Nemo at Rage-Tek.

·
Registered
475 Posts
dognutz said:
thanks does the light weight opt. really worth it..
Its only $79.00 so I figured, why not. According to Spec, its supposed to give you 5hp or so and the engine will spool up a little quicker. The car felt so damn good after the clutch was broken in.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Not sure about clutchmaster for teh srt but I have a spec 3i and it has held over 400ftlbs of tourqe powershifting 5th on MANY occasions ;)
10k miles, 0 probs so far (knocks on wood)

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I just got a CM S4 installed on my car, and I finally got it back. I was all worried that it was gonna be to harsh :lol:

Not at all, perfect for me, with very minimal pedel travel. I think that is what suprised me the most.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
OK, here is my story!

I had one of the '03 Spec Stage 3i clutches and put it in a few months ago. We didn't realize that the clutch was slipping badly until we took it to the track weekend before last and it totally crapped the bed on the one and only run I got at the track. According to [email protected], some of the '03s had some issues. My clutch absolutely would not handle the approximate 400whp I now have.

After going back, Nivo studied a dyno sheet from August and you can clearly see the clutch slipping big time. He posted up a thread about it for anyone to see if they want to see what clutch slip looks like on a dyno sheet.

I called Spec and they were great to deal with. He sent me a new clutch, the Stage 3f, no questions asked because I told him [email protected] sent me. The Stage 3f has a shorter break in period, can handle more HP/TQ and has improved drivability.

I am now in the process of breaking in this new clutch. It's very grippy. This thing is either on or off! It's sick! I have to have 450 miles on the clutch before I can race at Import Wars this coming Saturday. I will have it and will report back on this thread how the car does. I can't wait to see how it does. I suspect it will make a huge difference at the track compared to the Stage 3i from 2003 I had before that failed on me.

I don't know about Clutchmasters, but so far I'm very impressed with the support I got from Spec. That makes a big difference IMO.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I know alot of people running SPEC clutches in alot of different cars and they all seem to be doing a great job.

For the power they will hold they are much easier to drive them comparable clutches. I'm enjoying mine and will be putting another SPEC in when the time comes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts