Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my FMIC, but I am hesitant about removing my crash beam on the front bumper due to insurance reasons. Will the Spearco direct fit FMIC work just as good as their Monster FMIC. There isn't a big difference in price, so is the Monster FMIC just for looks or does it truly perform that much better then the Spearco direct fit FMIC?

FYI: My power levels wont exceed stage 2..CAI..full exhaust and boost controller

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
with the SlowBoy Racing FMIC, you are provided a new bumper beam. they are making nice HP with this front mount.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
MaxxdOutSRT4 said:
does any1 know if the beam can be purchased seperatley and will it fit any aftermarket???
It can be purchased seperately, but they don't guarantee it will fit with other FMIC's, only theirs.

·
Registered
520 Posts
whats so significant about keeping a black foam piece in ur bumper i honestly dont know, is is for support cause on a accident that wont cause the bumber to not break

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
eatmydust said:
whats so significant about keeping a black foam piece in ur bumper i honestly dont know, is is for support cause on a accident that wont cause the bumber to not break
Look a bit harder....that little piece of styrofoam is hiding the front reinforcement that needs to come off. Know the risks before you buy.

·
Banned
460 Posts
im sure the monster FMIC outflows the direct fit one...i mean lets think about it...bigger surface area...bigger end tanks which brings in a lot more air...but I have heard of people having problems w/installing the monster fmic...forget what hte problem is tho..do a search i'm sure you'll see/find it

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
slowboy's fmic w/crash beam looks nice and is better than nothing, but won't give you protection is high speed frontal crashes, probably more for those 5mph hits which could rip the front bumper cover off w/out some sort of foam(like stock) or a crash bar w and upgraded fmic.....I'd like to see some testing with slowboy's crash bar to know for sure how well it holds up...

·
Registered
903 Posts
It's only more drop if it's more restrictive. Most of them are not.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Doesnt the Perrin FMIC come with a crash bar also? Cost like $1k though :(

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
after reading some other threads the perrin's bar is mainly for support of the intercooler and not going to provide enough protection in a high speed front end collision, but probably better than nothing...I'm liking Slowboy's cromoly duel "crash" bar with their intercooler combo for $800

·
Registered
605 Posts
bump i have been wondering the same thing....what kinda gains with the direct fit spearco.....i mean we know what big FMIC gain ...typically

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I'm not sure the Direct Fit is worth $670 though. Has anyone even bought one? I haven't even seen pics yet.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Khryz said:
I'm not sure the Direct Fit is worth $670 though. Has anyone even bought one? I haven't even seen pics yet.
That's how I feel. $670 for an I/C that's a mear 1" thicker than stock. Yes, it's a little better but $670 better? No. I think if it was more around $200-$250 they would be selling more of them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts