Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
hey

Search is your friend.. also i belive its stickied
 

·
Forum Moderator
Joined
·
5,231 Posts
ponchonutty said:
I feel that it's one of the most worthless things to do.
AMEN!

If you're really concerned about SQ to the point of a round speaker having even the slightest bit less distortion over an oval speaker (and I mean completely negligible due to a theoretical stiffer cone in a round speaker) just cut in some 6.5"s in the rear deck and be done with it.

In case you are looking to just add more speakers....don't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
stage3matt said:
ponchonutty said:
I feel that it's one of the most worthless things to do.
AMEN!

If you're really concerned about SQ to the point of a round speaker having even the slightest bit less distortion over an oval speaker (and I mean completely negligible due to a theoretical stiffer cone in a round speaker) just cut in some 6.5"s in the rear deck and be done with it.

In case you are looking to just add more speakers....don't.
screw that if just cut a hole for two 12s haha
nahh there is no point in doing the back doors if you dont already have this then do components in the front a nice 6x9 in the back or heck 6x9 components if you wanna fork out the $$ or like he stated cut out a 6.5 and an amp to power them
 

·
Forum Moderator
Joined
·
5,231 Posts
BWW said:
screw that if just cut a hole for two 12s haha
nahh there is no point in doing the back doors if you dont already have this then do components in the front a nice 6x9 in the back or heck 6x9 components if you wanna fork out the $$ or like he stated cut out a 6.5 and an amp to power them
its funny that you say that, I worked on a Maxima the other day that someone took the liberty of cutting in not one, not two, but THREE 12s in the rear deck complete with two home theater style cone/horn tweeters. To the guy's credit he just picked up the car and wanted me to (somehow) get the normal 6x9s in the rear deck. :rofl: :rofl:

Needless to say THAT didn't happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
Why would u wanna do that.... just be like all the chevys and put speakers on the outside of the car so everyone can really hear u lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,066 Posts
lol when i was working at sound advice a guy came in with a box chevy and had a buil a wall or 6x9's in the back seat area it was the dumbest thing i had ever built
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
ok i got a good one i had a customer come in ask me to disconnect all his speakers and hook the subs up in the car. so i just had to ask if he was into spl or somthing. his response was no i just want my 4 12s in the trunk hooked up cause door speakers or just another item for people to hit you up on money no point in them when i can get 12s and get all i need thats when i gave him the wtf face. then on top off that stupid mess he wanted me to dril screws with loose washers into the trunk so it would rattle more i wanted to slap the hell outta this guy
 

·
Forum Moderator
Joined
·
5,231 Posts
BWW said:
ok i got a good one i had a customer come in ask me to disconnect all his speakers and hook the subs up in the car. so i just had to ask if he was into spl or somthing. his response was no i just want my 4 12s in the trunk hooked up cause door speakers or just another item for people to hit you up on money no point in them when i can get 12s and get all i need thats when i gave him the wtf face. then on top off that stupid mess he wanted me to dril screws with loose washers into the trunk so it would rattle more i wanted to slap the hell outta this guy
I would have told the guy to get the hell out of my shop. That is absolutely ridiculous.

"why even pay me, just run your power wire through your door jambs and crank your gains and crossover as high as they go. Now for your speakers, just go behind your radio and start cutting wires until all of your speakers go out. Or just save time and cut them all at once. Either way, I'm sure you'll figure it out."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
ya lol basicly what i told him is um no and i will charge you more and i will not warranty any of the work ended up not doing it haha
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top