Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled all four plugs (40K now, new ones put in at 30K by dealer under TSB with four new wires) Sure enough, number four was carbon tracked on the insulator. So I'll be heading to the dealer maybe Tuesday to see what they have to say. While I might buy S2 causing advanced wear on the plugs (why I bought them) I do not think S2 can cuase the tracking. Especially since the last time I had issues, it was a tracked wire and plug.

Oh, just as a BTW, after almost 10 with S2, the plugs are a textbook example of how plugs should look, nice and tan, no black at all:) If she's rich, you can't tell from the plugs:)

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump for update. Since this is tied to the TSB, and a whole host of driveability complaints, it's time for some vis. I'll be bumping the other two threads so it's easy to see all the info I've gathered. Seems like it's time to find a better solution than "Replace plugs and wires" I don't mind buying plugs every 10K, but wires too seems excessive. Even if I'm not paying for it. :)

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When hammering it (that is just the word I use to mean "gently roll into the throttle" for any lurkers out there:)) going into third, I had started to notice the slightest of hesitations, then she would go as usual.

·
Registered
904 Posts
well im having a situation right now. It starts as slight hesitation, but if i continue to give wot punches, they car begins to buck, then it leaves me with power, and i cant use the turbo to avoid bucking. After several different normal drives, i slowly regain some power.

Im currently in the process of getting new plugs/wires, but not looking forward to changing them every 12k miles

·
Registered
906 Posts
ordered up some NGK iridiums... Hopefully these last alot longer

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have this issue and just change your plugs without changing the wires, you are tossing away a set of expensive plugs:) Ask me about my NGKs I got less than 5K from:)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I doubt it has anything to do with your guys plugs.....get your crank sensor checked out. They noticed that when the bucking occurred, the sensor was dropping out so they replaced it, it was fixed for 3 days, then went bad again, so now they are at the point of possibly replacing the wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So why do my plugs have carbon tracks? And why does replacing the plugs and wires fix the problem? For 10K at least.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just came from the dealer today, and surprisingly this guy was all over the problem, found it immediately. He said it was blowing spark right past the plug because they werent fitting all the way down even though they were snapping on. I was thinking bullsh*t but since i have crane wires but he put some black tape around the white part of the plug and sonofagun if it didnt fix it. Oh well, i spent hours changing plugs, brands, coils, etc. Im just glad it's fixed. Kinda curious if my NGK's will work now. Guess they should.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
hemidakota said:
I saw that on my last plug change out. This time I added some dieelectrical grease and no more problems.

The only except these plugs seemed to not last long (NGK).
I get like 2-3K on a set of NGKs then they start missing like the Tigers hitters.
The denso's are better but i still get alot of PT hesitation.

PVO has looked at my car and they even diagnosed the problem to the ignition system. I have tried everything aside from replacing the crank or o2 sensor. Now that I am patiently waiting for S3 hopefully the problem will be resolved with the new turbo & cal.

·
Registered
441 Posts
well its bullshit, im gettin so sick of this, ive had my mis-fire almost from day one...which was 26,000 miles ago and 16 months ago. Its still not fixed

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hmmm

Don't understand. I have 10k on my NGK V-power and car still runs decent. No missing at idle or crusing...maybe at WOT. That's why I'm changing them. Think they might be wearing out.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
i had that problem with my stock wires, since changing to my MSD's, i dont feel any hesitation or stumble under full Throttle, no carbon tracks and my MPG increased big time. I have now 9k on my ngk's and i swear they still look new. They are not rounded whatsoever.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts