Dodge SRT Forum banner

Sorry guys, but I need to vent....

1K views 17 replies 18 participants last post by  hozay09 
#1 ·
Alright, things for me lately have been happening on such a rollercoaster effect, it's starting to drive me crazy. Everything started about 4 months ago when I received a ticket for Careless Driving from the Sterling Heights Police. I avoided an accident by hitting the gas and getting out of the way of an oncoming vehicle, and at the same time, my tires broke free and squealed. The officer that pulled me over did not see the "almost accident" and presented me with a ticket because of the tire squealing. No big deal, I gave the ticket to my lawyer and still await a court date to get things straightened out. On top of that, there was a 3 month bubble where things had mellowed out and nothing eventful was really happening; but to my dismay, things were about to get worse. About a month ago I lost my job at a privately owned repair shop in Mt. Clemens because I confronted the owner about some shady business practices that were going on and he didn't like what I had to say, so he decided to "let me go." On top of that, I was informed by my parents that my Grandma that lives in Florida (the only grandparent I have left) has not been doing so well mentally and physically and that she is in the process of being moved up here to Michigan to stay with my family for a period of time until she can be placed into a facility to provide care for her. Things started to turn around about 3 weeks ago when I got a job interview setup. However, on my way to the job interview (that I was running a little late for) I was pulled over yet again by the Sterling Heights Police and given a ticket for 5 mph over the speed limit. Ok, starting to get a little frustrated. Gave that ticket to my lawyer also and am awaiting a court date for that one too. I then decided to partake in a small vacation/getaway with some good friends of mine from this board for part of the Labor Day weekend in Grand Haven. I had a blast and was really able to clear my mind and calm myself from all of the stressors that I have been tallying up. Then today, more of the good news/bad news schpeel. Went to a job interview and was hired by a previous employer at another privately owned repair shop (woo hoo) and on the way home from that meeting, I am hit with yet ANOTHER speeding ticket by the good ol' SHPD.

#1: My lawyer is going to kill me and will probably have a field day trying to cut some type of deal with the Sterling Heights DA.

#2: I am very prone to over-reacting in stressful and frustrating situations, thoughts have already crossed my mind about selling my car.

#3: I am beating myself up big time for my carelessness on the road and am at meat's end about to cut my own license up to avoid any more problems.

I just needed to get some of that crap off of my chest, I'm mainly upset with myself, because I am the cause for most of the problems I am having. Sorry to vent here to you guys, but I'm just trying to clear my head and get a good, positive thought process going so that I don't have a damn heartattack or nervous breakdown at 20 years old. Once again, sorry about the rant....

Bobbo

See less See more
#2 ·
you are only 20? do you live @ home? don't over react just smoke some weed and chill out with some buddies. Got a gf? fuck her silly to relieve some aggression slap her ass and pull her hair. Don't have a GF go mac to some fly ladies in the car. You get to drive slow and nothing soothes the savage beast like female attention.

#5 ·
slowblazer said:
Bobbo dont worry about this stuff so much, yea it sucks but enjoy life, you got a hot gf, a bad ass car, and good friends... just RELAX! and also if you didnt drive like an asshole maybe you wouldnt have these tickets, I KNOW! hahaha :jester: o yea and try not to be so :gay:
awwww your first post! welcome. to bad your name makes u look like a stoner.

bobbo please slow down man. we know your car gets to the speed limit real fast! id hate to see you have to sell the car because of insurance sky rocketing.

i got an idea. swap engines with your gf's SXT and trade cars. insurance company will show u have a SXT neon not a SRT-4:tongue:

#7 ·
Bobbo bobbo bobbo,

Where do I start man? It's life, shitty things happen and they happen for a reason. In the critical times you learn things about yourself that help you out further in life. Yes, many events have happened that you wish didn't but you gotta look at the positive side of things. You've got good friends, a great girl that cares for you, a place to live and lots of opportunities. So what if you were "let go" from that job, you didn't agree with the shady business anyways. You have lots of mad skills, finding another place to work will be a piece of cake for you. I'll stop rambling, but just relax and look up. Things WILL get better! Need anything, LMK. And you're NOT selling the car. :hi:

#9 ·
Slow down in S. H. those cops are PITA if your car looks good.

Also: How to calm down: Go to Canada, rent a hotel room, go to Cheetahs or the like, take some "friends" back to the room after hours :rofl: Should take care of the lower back pain and stress!

#11 ·
Im sorry to hear about the bad luck, bobbo. I've had a lot of bad luck of my own. I was complaining about my bad luck to my roommate and mentioned the phrase 'when it rains it pours'

Next morning i wake up put my foot on the floor to find that my linen closet, my closet, and my room had flooded with water from my roommates load of laundry that had been running water straight for 5 hrs. :ugh:

Defiantly true though...just gotta get through it.

:hugs:

#12 ·
Bob - Sorry to hear things have been rough. Here are my three pieces of advice:

1) Count your blessings - You have family, a girl friend, a job, a fast car, and cool people like us to hang out with.

2) Bad situation Coping - The next time a bad situation hits you look at your watch and take just 60 seconds - Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and consider all the possible consequences of your actions BEFORE you react. A simple little stop-gap measure like this keeps those of us with tempers (yes, I have one believe it or not - just learned to cope with it) from moving into reaction mode too quickly.

3) Tickets - Stay the fuck out of Sterling Heights and slow down!

I hope things go better. At least it's Friday!

John

#13 ·
Hey Bobbo. At 20, opportunities present themselves in all shapes & sizes!! I*m just over 1/2 a century old(dammit) & believe me, I*ve seen it all!! Try 3 divorces to get your s**t straight. Stay calm,man. Life*s too short to take too serious. KEEP YUOR CAR!!!!!!! I sold my 64 GTO awhile back for some of the same reasons you stated. You know what? None of them was the cars fault. Keep your stuff together. The sun will always come up tomorrow & if it don*t, then who cares?

#14 ·
Hey man things will start to look up. Dont beat yourself over it. I got 3 tickets in a matter of one week. Drag racing, 3mph over(I still couldnt believe that one), and a failing to stop at a stop sign. Trust me. Even though you think its not going to look up it will very shortly. Just think about the good things that you have learned from this. It will all just flow from here on out man. There will always be bumps in the road.

#15 ·
When it rains it pours. It's sooo sooo true.

Also, go to Blockbuster and rent the "Takehome Defensive Driver's Training Course." You can knock 2 points off your license and can take that once a year. It costs about $40. I did it, it will keep the insurance company off your ass too.

I now drive much slower and it angers some of my friends.....not their license!!!

#16 ·
ksuav8r said:
When it rains it pours. It's sooo sooo true.

Also, go to Blockbuster and rent the "Takehome Defensive Driver's Training Course." You can knock 2 points off your license and can take that once a year. It costs about $40. I did it, it will keep the insurance company off your ass too.

I now drive much slower and it angers some of my friends.....not their license!!!
Does this test lower your insurance rates at all, or is it a way to rid yourself of points immediately?

-Mobotix

#18 ·
"WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS"

Just keep ur head up, dawg. It's best if u got somebody to talk to. If u got a girl on ur side then thats cool. If not, find some buddies and go out. Ur too young for stress. I know what its like. I been through some heavy shit that i'm paying for now. You'll be alright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.