Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recieved these from BC Racing for a recent magazine tech install, I decided that since they are (will be) marketed for the SRT as well (they were built for the SRT-4, but since they are identical "chassis", we used my car for the article), I would post a review here as well as the other site I frequent.

These should be available through PTPerformance within the next two months.

Ok, so I put thes on the car expecting to have my teeth rattled out, however on the softer settings (1-6), the ride is quite enjoyable. Turn in is gone, no more nose dive during braking, no more of the rediculous body roll that the Neon is infamous for.

Crank up the settings to above 7 and beneath 10, and the suspension starts giving you feedback, you begin to feel a little more undulations and pavement problems, but still not overbearing. At this point the car refuses to feel loose in any way.

10-18 is nearing a jarring street ride, but would be a forgiving setting range for the track.

Any setting AT ALL above 18, and YOU BETTER HAVE THE TIRES FOR SOME SERIOUS GAMETIME. I would recommend settings 20-32 for track time only, if you don't have the tires for the serious settings, you can get yourself into trouble quick.

I pushed REAL hard through an S-turn, on my Toyo's and got some ass sliding action, if I wasn't ready for it, it could have been ugly.

The spring rates that come stock are perfect for a balance of performance feel, and a tight undercarriage. I initially was going to ask that mine be softer, I'm glad I didn't, but I wouldn't want it to be harder either.

I will admit that adjusting the inverted mounts via the damping control knob (on the bottom of the shock since the strut rod is upside down) is a little difficult, being that on the front it is kind of blocked by the axle, you can get to it, it's just difficult. Adjusting the height is a procedure, however because there is a seperate adjustment on the strut body for heighth, and another for spring pre-load/pre-tension, it is VERY easy to put the car EXACTLY where you want it, just set the car on the ground, drive it around the block to get the tires flat, and measure, and adjust from there, once you do that, you never have to touch it again.

Overall, no quirks, no problems, install was very smooth, and I love them. If I was in a position to purchase a nice street/track friendly suspension, these would be VERY high on my list, and at these prices, I don't think I would bother anywhere else.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. I will post after pics next week as the car is dirty and I just don't have time, however look for the whole install in a month inside S3 Magazine, go to thier website to see where you can pick one up. www.S3mag.com

Here are some install pics, and closeups.

Install pics, I will post pics of the car done and sitting on the ground next week.

My buddy, jacking my car (hehe, jacking).

Out with the old.....

In with the new.....

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I am really interested in these and am still considering selling my Mopar S3's in the spring for this set-up. I really like the included camber plates along with the pillow ball joints. I am going to be Auto-xing more frequently next year and would like a system with a little more adjustability

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have a friend that went from the Mopar S3's to the BC stage 2's (BR model/stage 3 is above), and he says that when the Mopars were at thier highest setting for stiffness, the BC's were only at 15-16 and produced the same response, that means that you have 16-17 more clicks of stiffness to go on the BC's. Plus you can lower the car without losing suspension travel, thats a huge plus for me.

Can you throw up a link to the P-werks RSTB? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I recieved the inverteds nearly a month ago, however they aren't in production yet, these were rushed to make the SEMA issue of S3 Magazine.

A friend of mine owns the V1's, he likes them. They are no longer produced, but look for a V2 model, and this inverted BR model in the near future.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
BC Racing makes good coilovers. Your friend with the V1's got them thru me and he told me they were much better than his Mopar Stage 2s.

We have had the BR series on our Evo IX since they came out and are extremely happy with them.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BC Racing makes good coilovers. Your friend with the V1's got them thru me and he told me they were much better than his Mopar Stage 2s.

We have had the BR series on our Evo IX since they came out and are extremely happy with them.
The BR inverteds? If so, I love them as well, great quality, great product all around:thumbsup: .

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
I'm with ya lostang. I'll be ordering mine in the next couple weeks from John. Man I can't wait!!

Edit...Are these hard to "Fine Tune"? Also, any reccomended settings for daily drive? Lowest setting? Or will it feal "Sluggish."

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the lowest setting, they feel a "bit" loose, I would say daily driving would be minimum 4-5. That give you a controlled feel, but still soft enough for a non-jarring ride. If you are taking grandma to her gerriatrics clinic, then the lowest settings would be ideal, or if you are trying to prove to your woman that it is a good buy.

These arre the inverted coilovers, the strut is upside-down inside the body, kind of like the STi "pink" struts. This gives MUCH greater protection of the strut rod and seal, and gives a much more precise feel.

To perfectly "fine tune" these, you would need to put the car onto four corner scales, and raise and lower each corner to give the closest 50/50 weight distribution without terribly destroying the cars stance and suspension geometry, then you would need to decide how much preload you would want, by adjusting the spring pearch closer to the top of the strut.

The adjustments of the damping force really depends on you.

If you are planning on racing the car in an auto-cross environment, you need to decide how good your tires are, if you are running on an R compound tire, you can simply adjust your struts based on the amount of grip you have.

You know what, just buy them, you won't be dissappointed in the least!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
neonelite10 said:
I have a friend that went from the Mopar S3's to the BC stage 2's (BR model/stage 3 is above), and he says that when the Mopars were at thier highest setting for stiffness, the BC's were only at 15-16 and produced the same response, that means that you have 16-17 more clicks of stiffness to go on the BC's. Plus you can lower the car without losing suspension travel, thats a huge plus for me.

Can you throw up a link to the P-werks RSTB? Thanks.
Here's a link. I highly recommend the bar

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know there are some of you eagerly awaiting the BR and Inverted models. The inverted models are scheduled for the end of year release, but can be special ordered. we try to bring in airfreight orders every 2 weeks to speed things up. The Br or stage v2 as some refer to will be shipping to vendors and the customers as of next week. This order may sell out quickly though as there has been a crowd waiting for their arrival. Let me know if we can answer any questions. Thanks, Pete

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
BC RACING said:
I know there are some of you eagerly awaiting the BR and Inverted models. The inverted models are scheduled for the end of year release, but can be special ordered. we try to bring in airfreight orders every 2 weeks to speed things up. The Br or stage v2 as some refer to will be shipping to vendors and the customers as of next week. This order may sell out quickly though as there has been a crowd waiting for their arrival. Let me know if we can answer any questions. Thanks, Pete

Is there nay big diffrence between the V2's non inverted ones and these ones? Someone was saying if you do alot of Auto-X and track stuff, You'll benefit more with the inverted ones???

·
Registered
801 Posts
BC RACING said:
I received mine today :thumbsup:

Thanks BC Racing

·
Registered
958 Posts
subscribing to watch this thread...

·
Registered
801 Posts
i would say about 2hr labor at any shop. These are easy to install as long as you have a few basic tools, jackstands, and a jack.

·
Registered
143 Posts
lostang said:
i would say about 2hr labor at any shop. These are easy to install as long as you have a few basic tools, jackstands, and a jack.
My neighbor just let me know he'll help me install them, thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts