Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys there is a company out there that is really good to us Military guys so I thought I would give them a bit of a shameless plug. I don't work for them and they haven’t asked me to try to advertise for them.

The company is called Militec; they make a Synthetic metal conditioner that was originally designed for weapons. The stuff works great for them btw, anyone that has been in the military knows how bad sand sticks to weapons lubed with CLP (oil basically) well with Militec there is no wetness therefore nothing for the sand to stick to.

Come to find out the same metal conditioner works awesome in anything with moving metal parts, including engines, transmissions and differentials. I have to say being a child of the 80's I grew up watching all the infomercials out there for Prolong and other BS oil additives. So I was kind of skeptical when I looked in to it I found that it’s not an Oil Additive, it’s a metal conditioner like I said before. It also has nothing in it like those old oil additives in it so no Teflon, PTFE or that crap.

I was stationed in England when I learned about it and I was driving a euro spec Audi 1.8 (N/A no turbo) with about 130k on the clock. It ran alright but had a few minor hiccups. I deiced to try Militec in the car, and I was really happy with it. The car ran cooler had better throttle response and just felt better. I sold the car with 155k on it and it still ran great.

I don't want to try to have you guys read to much so I’ll hurry up and shut up lol. I'm running Militec in my 05 ACR. When I get home I plan on sending my oil in to one of the labs that do oil analysis.

Check there website out its:

http://www.militec-1.com

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
interesting , how much did you use ?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
you running militec in the trans?

I'm O.K. with mobil one in the engine...but could always use something better in the transmission (even AMSOIL universal ATF leaves something to be desired) - wondering if this'd help or hurt (if it builds up a coating on the gears, will this reduce clearances and cause issues...). Comments? Flames?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have to realize this stuff dosn't replace your oil. It "uses" the oil to get to metal parts then bonds to the metal molecularly.

Here is a quote from the Militec-1 Website:
"When MILITEC-1 is applied to a metal surface, it chemically reacts with, and is adsorbed by, the metal. The chemical reaction takes place at temperatures between 100°F and 150°F (38°C - 66°C) depending on friction and load conditions. The effect of the chemical reaction is a stiffening (not hardening) of the metal surface -- approximately seventeen times stiffer when the reaction is complete. The increased stiffness dramatically reduces friction and parasitic drag, just as when an underinflated tire is pumped up."

A 2ed quote from the Militec-1 website talking about "Build up":
"MILITEC-1 is a chemically-reacted synthetic-based hydrocarbon derivative. At the start of the manufacturing process, MILITEC-1 is composed of a blend of several extreme pressure lubricants, natural anti-corrosion ingredients, extremely stable chlorate esters, anti-wear components, and anti-oxidant compounds. This blend is then introduced into a chemical reactor. When MILITEC-1 emerges from our proprietary chemical reaction process, it is no longer a blend. It has been organically bound into a unique, pure, uniform single substance. In its finished form, MILITEC-1 is completely stable, so it does not require agitation before use.

Just as important as knowing what’s in MILITEC-1 is knowing what isn’t. MILITEC-1 does not contain chlorinated paraffins, PTFE, fluorine, solvents, carrier oils, viscosity enhancers, metals, molybdenum disulfide, zinc, sulfur, graphite powders or other solids. It’s also important to realize that MILITEC-1 is non-hazardous, non-toxic, and non-combustible. It is so safe that MILITEC-1 was even approved environmentally by the U.S. Navy Medical Command for use aboard nuclear-powered submarines."

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Ya, I can say from first hand experiance that miltex is great on heavy metal stuff, my .50 cal had the original miltex lube on it when I left Iraq a couple weeks ago. I was great in high heat. Once I applied it I really had no need to do it again for about three months.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
bump for oil samples as well!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts