Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i think there is something actually wrong with my car, i think what tipped me off of that was one time i hit 3rd and blew flames out of my exhaust and my friends 1/8th mile back in the stands heard a loud ping basially as if something breking...

now mods are... (03 SRT4)
stage 1
rage/forge WGA
turbo XS mbc (set to 15/16psi)
DC 3" cat back
AEM short ram (don't say it hurts cause throttle respnse is alot better with it)
MT ET Drag 24.5x8x15 slicks

i think that's all that matters,

best time was a 13.6 :crying: with a 1.8 60ft

other than that consistant 13.7 with 1.8 60ft.
if 13.8 i had a 1.9 60ft...

that doesn't seem fast enough for what i have done with slicks. i was running 10 psi in the slicks, low enough they'd wrinkle sitting so i could launch hard...

·
Registered
183 Posts
whats your trap? check for boost leaks. If nothing there maybe throw a wideband on and see what your a/f's look like. Or worst case scenario if something did indeed break, do a compression test

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Ditch the boost contoller and WG cause it is either not setup right or it is wreaking havoc on the PCM. With the stock WG and Stage 1 controlling boost on slicks you will probably run a 13.5 or better w/ those 60ft's. Is timing being pulled way up top? I have seen alot of people get really bad track times and dyno horribly because of BC's and this has all been very recently. What octane were you running?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeh usualy cars pull harder in the top end, mine loses power, so i am left to assume my ECU is pulling timing really hard? is there anyway to trick that besides with an Apexi SAFC2 cause i still have a warrenty but not if i put that on...

and what does a MAP clamp do?

·
Registered
183 Posts
map clamp should do exactly what might be the problem... fools the ecu into seeing less boost then there is and should prevent timing from being pulled

·
Registered
176 Posts
becareful tho. Don't clamp too much. If you make the ECU "think" there is only "17psi" of boost it will only add "17psi" worth of fuel.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so basically a map clamp would be great if i then switched out my 577cc injectors for the stage 2 682's or what ever they are? (i did this with my rabbit but it's not as tricky as crapper ODB2 is) cause what happens is it thinks it has the smaller injectors so it opens longer than it would with the larger so what really happens is it sprays more fuel than it knows it is, so i could then run more boost safely.

my question is could i do that with OBD2? i did it with my OBD1 swap in my rabbit..?

·
Registered
495 Posts
DYNO it look at the curve and fuel curve...I have similar mods and on drag radials I was getting only [email protected] 2.07 60'. Went and tuned in the wastegate/bc setup to raise to 19 and drop to 16 and had drill so I haven't been able to retry on the track yet. But I did dyno at 250/279 but this was on 91 octane...ran her down to less than a quarter really quick and put in two shots of outlaw octane booster...ran it again 265/294 a nice smooth curve too.

Something is definitely happening in your powerband probably after 5000RPM. And it's probably doing something really stupid. But you need to see.

Good example of timing pull. I first put on the AGP WGA and didn't dial it in. Went to the track same night. Spiking to like 23 (mind you this was run one and hadn't touched the WGA yet) and slowly I mean really slowly tapering to 16-17...93 octane with octane booster. Had a 2.01 60" and a 16.96 @ 89.98. Car fell flat on it's face.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have to agree with WGA part. I am still running the the stock WGA. A few months back I made my best runs with it at Beaversprings. Track conditions were nearly perfect. It pulled to 18 and dropped to 15, did not pull any timing. Stage 1 is set up to pull timing over 18psi. If I can pull to 18 with stock WG, I am in no hurry to put on an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i don't think i ever hit over 18psi although i could be wrong i was only glancing at teh gauge and watchign the tach and trying to keep it straight, the slicks with 10 psi started to make the car wander twords the top of the track...

the only dyno around here is $125 an hour and rght now i don't just have $125 laying around so i guess it'll have to wait for a week or 2 and i guess put the stock actuator on... and i swear while i was toying with it prior to having to take it back to the dealership and having to take it all off, i think it ran better when i let the computer think it's controlling the boost through the black stock line and adjust the actuator to hold 17psi...

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I know this is pretty basic, but have you checked the IC piping clamps? I know alot of people have noticed on average 2-4 psi increase after tightening.

·
Banned
3,210 Posts
I think your problem might be with the slicks expanding while moving, and hitting the strut perch, effectivly slowing you down. I have seen it happen in real life.

·
Registered
169 Posts
riven said:
I think your problem might be with the slicks expanding while moving, and hitting the strut perch, effectivly slowing you down. I have seen it happen in real life.
Good sugestion. Has anyone else running those same size slicks run into any problems? If you can't figure it out send an e-mail to Ryan from Forward Motion. Explain the problem, most likely he will be able to lead you in the right direction. He had the siver srt at mopar day down at cecil. Ran 13.1 on drag radials. They also run the FM WGA. [email protected] Or you can give him a call, he will be more than happy to help you out. 302-658-2829, just ask for Ryan. Here is their web site if you want to look around. Forward Motion

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
come to think of it though if they were rubbing i would have seen it on the slicks and probably have heard it..?

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I don't think the slicks were rubbing. Allthough I think 10 psi is alittle low. I run 12.5 psi but there not the same tire you are running. Maybe it's the VW wheels.HAhaah. My bet is the computer is pulling timing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Corrado Kid said:
come to think of it though if they were rubbing i would have seen it on the slicks and probably have heard it..?
Yes, you should see wear marks on the tire and what ever it was rubbing on. If its not rubbing, talk to Ryan. The guys at Forward Motion know their shit. You might want to do that before you put your stock WGA back on.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Well not to speak for somebody else but SRTGURL ran 12.65 with AGP WGA controling boost and 12.67 i belive with WGA and MBC controling boost might want to check to see what she did since she was close to what you have when she ran those times....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeh i knwo the car used to run a whole lot faster theni had to take everything off to take it back to the dealership and i can't get it right.

i posted in the performance mod forum and no one would respond to how they have their WGA setup...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts