Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someones gotta know this.

From day one that i purchased my car when i open things up i steady out at about 13-15 psi. I posted a thread the other day about too much boost and SUPER STEVE hit the nail on the head and wouldnt ya know i had a vaccum leak. But when the dealership fixed that they installed a new TIP sensor and a new line. But when i pick the car up the most i could pull out of it today was 11 psi. ONCE. the rest the time its steady right at 10psi.

1. IS there an adjustment somewhere or is that just where its suppose to be?????

2. Maybe i started of with a small leak from day one and thats why i was getting 15psi???

anyone know why it woulda went from 15psi down to 10psi???? My original thought was they adjusted it down!

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED AND SHOUT OUTS TO STEVE! thanx bro!

GIJOE

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But arent vaccum leaks the cause of TOO MUCH boost? and a pressure leak is the cause of not enough boost???? I dont know. I was just hoping that someone knew of a little adjustment somewhere. I am about to poke a NEW hole in that damn line. But anyways what do everyone else's STOCK turbo's runnin as far as psi????

·
Registered
802 Posts
vaccum leak=pressure leak=boost leak. all equal less boost. no leak will ever make u gain boost, LOL. any pressure not being rerouted into the system which is pressurized will equal less boost, hence when a blow off valve releases, you dont stay in boost, u loose it all. anyhow try resetting the pcm, maybe that will help things

·
Registered
526 Posts
I just recently had the same problem was only getting 10lbs max, 5 a lot of the time, although contradicting maxxedouts statement I would get 18lbs in 5th at WOT. The dealership went and tightened everything and it seems to be running just fine. They didn't find a specific place that was leaking, but it may have been a combination of small leaks that was fixed by the tightenings.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
MaxxdOutSRT4 said:
vaccum leak=pressure leak=boost leak. all equal less boost. no leak will ever make u gain boost, LOL. any pressure not being rerouted into the system which is pressurized will equal less boost, hence when a blow off valve releases, you dont stay in boost, u loose it all. anyhow try resetting the pcm, maybe that will help things
Just for the record, on Stage 2 cars a boost leak CAN make you gain boost. On a stock car? that I can't say, on a Stage 2 car it can.

·
Banned
325 Posts
also if you recently reset your pcm you have to give it a day or so depending on how much you drive....keep it in high rpms because the pcm has to learn and adjust and then it might start boosting high....next time you reset your pcm take it out for a drive and you'll notice that it's only boostin like 10-11 psi....just a thing i noticed to help me understand the boost issues...thats why i try to never reset the pcm when i'm at the track or before street racing somebody...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MaxxdOutSRT4 said:
vaccum leak=pressure leak=boost leak. all equal less boost. no leak will ever make u gain boost, LOL.

Just for the record and to obviously set this fucktard str8 again......it was a crack in a VACCUM line which was SUCKING air "CAUSING MORE BOOST" it would jump to well above 20 psi! so i guess this guy can go laugh some more!

However, aside this guys 2 pennies worth i do appreciate everyones response's and as far as i am concerned SUPER STEVE is the "SRT-4 MAN!!"

Thanx again super steve and thanx to everyone for this post.....i would like to know if anyone else has had this problem though???

GI JOE

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Super Steve
SRTforums Veteran

Member Number: 2089
Trader Rating: (2)
Check your WGA/Solenoid vacuum lines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have a open vacuum boost line leak somewhere. I'm guessing that one of the lines from the solenoids has either popped off. Check your WGA vacuum line, it may have a leak or popped off. Take your airbox off and inspect and ziptie everything. Then get back to me with your findings...

NIICE!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super steve...YOU ROCK. i took my car to my dealership and they were stumped tried all the sensors including the TIP and MAP sensors and told me it was still doin it and to come get it i told them to check the lines by the WGA for leaks and sure enough there was a crack in the line and sucking air. they replaced it but GUESS WHAT. I have another question. from the time i bought my car i have been runnin 15 lbs boost when full throttle. NOW that everything has been "REPLACED" the most i got today was 11 lbs. Is there an adjustment somewhere or why did it go down so much. WHAT IS THE STANDARD BOOST FOR THESE CARS???? they said i possibly had a small leak the entire time cuz they say i should be at 10, ANY IDEAS ????

thanx for the previous help and maybe you know this one too?

GIJOE

Cool man

Now that you have boost again, your PCM had to learn and compensate for the boost surge when your line was cracked. Disconnect the negative battery terminal for 3 minutes. This will reset the PCM. Before you reconnect the battery, step on the brake pedal for 10 seconds. This will release any known electrical memory stored in the system.

Once that is done, the PCM will relearn. It may take 3-5 days for the PCM to do this. Other variables i.e. weather temp, humidity, and fuel quality are a player for boost. Stock set-up will reviel boost levels between 11-15lbs. That is normal. Try that...

JUST WANTED TO LET PEEPS KNOW ABOUT SUPER STEVE (he knows his srt's)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts