Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MY MODS... PICTURES! 56K no no no no

UPDATE 2-23-05: INSTALLED NEW ANTENNA and BREATHER (PAGE 2)
UPDATE 2-24-05: BOUGHT PANASONIC 9" LCD OVERHEAD DVD PLAYER (PAGE2)
UPDATE 2-25-05: GREDDY CATCH CAN ARRIVED! (PAGE 3) :clap:
UPDATE 2-28-05: 9" OVERHEAD DVD PLAYER INSTALLED (PAGE 3) :clap: :clap:
UPDATE 3-04-05: INSTALLED GREDDY CATCH CAN (PAGE 3) :thumbsup: DENSO ITL20 SPARKPLUGS ARRIVED :thumbsup:
UPDATE 3-10-05: AGP Billet WGA and TurboXS High Performance Boost Controller arrived! Pics on PAGE 4
UPDATE 3-24-05: Installed Transmission Cover / ATP UPP and Greddy Type-s BOV arrived! Pics on PAGE 4
UPDATE 3-25-05: Hector of E.D. installed my ATP UPP, Greddy Type-S and TurboXS HPBC! Pics on PAGE 5
UPDATE 4-01-05: Got into a car accident :(
UPDATE 4-21-05: Got the car back from the Body shop and Revolution Motorsports carbon fiber hood installed! Pics on PAGE 5
UPDATE 4-15-05: SOLD REVOLUTION MOTORSPORTS HOOD
UPDATE: 6-17-05: IPP CARBON FIBER HOOD (GEN II) INSTALLED

added CAI, CF EYELIDS, and STRUT BAR

comments?

Attachments

· Registered
1,266 Posts
that is just a dc sports strut bar. it looks like he may have powdercoated it though.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
rmj1983 said:
what brand strut bar is that?
its the DC STRUT (CS-2)... i bought it used from 2Quickforu a few weeks ago.. when i got it, it got some light scratches on it and the DC logo is all messed up... so i just got some laquer thinner and erased the logo out... then i got some Mothers Paint Scratch Remover and with a little elbow greese i was able to make it all shiny again and remove almost all of the light scratches... the dark gray (almost black) color was the effect when i used the scratch remover.... i think it looks cool and my friend also thought that i got it powdercoated black... :thumbsup:

The-Violator said:
Looks cool, just not my cup of tea to have CF eyelids and not a CF hood to match..
CBD Carbon Fiber Hood to follow... :thumbsup:

its just that i got a great deal on this CBD eyelids... bought it brandnew from ROADWARRIOR... for 80 (or 85) bucks shipped...

but i'm also considering buying the AGP Billet WGA and EBC first... so i might hold up the CF Hood for now..

Ultimateone said:
You should put a breather filter of the pcv valve...and the other hose to the intake is a boost leak.
i know.. i need to buy a breather... i'm also installing the greddy catch can next week.. so that will be my next project

i've been to 2 different stores looking for a breather that will fit between the intake and the PCV valve. I don't really like to have a long hose with a small breather on the end... i saw 1 srt car here on the forums with a small breather installed between the intake pipe and PCV valve and it looks so clean that way..... anyone know what brand that is? thanks.

about your second statement, which hose are you talking about? what should i do to fix it? thanks

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nd4Spd said:
that is just a dc sports strut bar. it looks like he may have powdercoated it though.

nope.. i just used Mothers Scratch Remover and alot of elbow grease... here's another closeup of the strut bar with its new color... :clap:

Attachments

· Registered
2,833 Posts
The bottom inlet with the black line into the CAI leaks. Cap it off. You will get a few more psi and hold boost without leaking. I think psifi found this out if I am not mistaken. All of us overseas guys capped ours and we don't have any problems. I also recommend getting a breather can from Jaz search jaz mini breather and you'll find it. If you leave the hose hooked up from your valve cover to the CAI you will suck in tons of oil since there is no sponge to soak up the oil that gets sucked in under high boost. My intercooler had oil in it from this problem. I have solved it since then with a breather car mounted to the radiator. Looks good man. Chris

Attachments

· Registered
2,833 Posts
Yes, both inlets on the side of the intake that go to the black vac line and the vlave cover will be capped using a vacuum cap. Then add a breather to the valve cover and I used a screw to cap the black vac line. No leaks.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SRT4WOOD said:
did you paint your stock fogs?
yes...

wenzel said:
Yes, both inlets on the side of the intake that go to the black vac line and the vlave cover will be capped using a vacuum cap. Then add a breather to the valve cover and I used a screw to cap the black vac line. No leaks.
well, i followed your suggestion.. i went to my local auto parts store and bought different size vacuum caps and i capped the one you told me to cap and it brought back 1-2PSI on my gauge... i drove my car before i tried it and i'm hitting 11-12PSI on WOT (Stage 0 with CAI and MOPAR BOV, weather: 68 deg farenheit))... then after i capped it.. drove it again.. I'm actually hitting 13-14PSI on WOT... so, thank you very much for the tip

what is that line for anyways?

· Registered
575 Posts
wenzel said:
The bottom inlet with the black line into the CAI leaks. Cap it off. You will get a few more psi and hold boost without leaking. I think psifi found this out if I am not mistaken. All of us overseas guys capped ours and we don't have any problems. I also recommend getting a breather can from Jaz search jaz mini breather and you'll find it. If you leave the hose hooked up from your valve cover to the CAI you will suck in tons of oil since there is no sponge to soak up the oil that gets sucked in under high boost. My intercooler had oil in it from this problem. I have solved it since then with a breather car mounted to the radiator. Looks good man. Chris
Would I accomplish the same thing if I cap the line and instead of putting a breather valve on the other end just leaving my oil catch can hooked up to the line comming from my pcv??

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.