Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a user can't read, understand and follow the rules, you probably shouldn't trust them to be able to send you the product you think you're buying. Don't trust people if they can't follow the simple rules we have. If you do, you're asking to be scammed and you probably wont get any help from us, at least I refuse to help if you can't protect yourself.

·
Banned
1,041 Posts
If a user can't read, understand and follow the rules, you probably shouldn't trust them to be able to send you the product you think you're buying. Don't trust people if they can't follow the simple rules we have. If you do, you're asking to be scammed and you probably wont get any help from us, at least I refuse to help if you can't protect yourself.
ive corrected like 3 people today and i havent been on here but once today :stab:

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
While we're at it....

Generally speaking, there's 3 things I look for when buying from a seller:

-At LEAST 10+ positive trader rating without ANY negative feedback.

-Must have joined the forums at least 6+ months ago.

-Must have at least 100 posts

100 posts & 6 months of being on the forums should allow us (the mods) plenty of time to track down & ban a scammer/previously banned member. There's a long list of previous, banned members who have scammed people and have tried to come back over & over again.

Also, another word of advice. PRIOR to paying for something, google the address they gave you for their paypal account. Also, search for the address on the forums. If they're a scammer that has been banned, odds are he/she has a for sale thread on the forums with their paypal address. Due to them being banned, they cannot delete their FS threads, so you can use this to track them down. In lamens terms, search for their paypal address and if you find a thread made by someone using that address DO NOT buy from them.

I feel as though I'm wasting my time making this post, because a lot of people buy without doing any research. Five minutes of research can save you your hard earned money, so why not take the time to do so?

·
Premium Member
29,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd also like to suggest searching their full name. A user was scammed recently by a known scammer that was able to register and get through our security measures. He used the name we all know to be a scammer but the user didn't know. If he searched for this user's name, he would have found a ton of threads about this person.

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
21,297 Posts
That's why I buy shit off eBay... Jk

yeah man my buddy just got scammed out of a clutch and it was a bunk POS... so now the seller won't contact back or anything. All he had to donwas look at the stuff u guys mentioned and he would have prolly never made that sale. So now he is out 400+

thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
good info guys. most people dont consider half the stuff u have mentioned
If people don't consider this almost common sense-eque set of information when browsing the for sale section, then they deserve to be scammed. It's like buying something from someone on eBay with 0 feedback, or expecting someone with 0 feedback to actually pay for an item they bid on and win - rarely happens.

·
SRTforums Member
216 Posts
While we're at it....

Generally speaking, there's 3 things I look for when buying from a seller:

-At LEAST 10+ positive trader rating without ANY negative feedback.

-Must have joined the forums at least 6+ months ago.

-Must have at least 100 posts

100 posts & 6 months of being on the forums should allow us (the mods) plenty of time to track down & ban a scammer/previously banned member. There's a long list of previous, banned members who have scammed people and have tried to come back over & over again.

Also, another word of advice. PRIOR to paying for something, google the address they gave you for their paypal account. Also, search for the address on the forums. If they're a scammer that has been banned, odds are he/she has a for sale thread on the forums with their paypal address. Due to them being banned, they cannot delete their FS threads, so you can use this to track them down. In lamens terms, search for their paypal address and if you find a thread made by someone using that address DO NOT buy from them.

I feel as though I'm wasting my time making this post, because a lot of people buy without doing any research. Five minutes of research can save you your hard earned money, so why not take the time to do so?
i agree and disagree i never had a lot of post on here and sold things also i sold probally 15 to 20 things from this site and only have many idk 8 feedbacks and all my stuff is perfect..it all depends on the person i hope nobody does this before the holidays cause thats really fucked up

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank's

Thank's for the heads up...But even when a guy as 8 positive feedbacks,
he joined in 2006 and as 873 posts....You can still be scammed!!!
I paid a member(750$) on the 27th of nov and still don't have my wheels,i sended him a PM and a email and still no reply since december 6.
This is what he send me by PM:
"hey brother i tried to write u the other day i got sent to nebraska to replace a guy that went med down, im suppossed to be back on teusday i already got the wheels cleaned i just got to shipp em out to you, i feel like shit i havent got them to you yet. ill throw in a boomba fuel rail for the trouble"

A week ago he traded with some other member(in person) for a other item he had for sale : http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f27/fs-act-xtss-crane14s-tenzo-mesh-pistons-542327/index3.html
Even if i open up a sammed topic i don't think that would help much since the guy didn't come on the forum since dec 9....

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
Next time PM a mod & tell them what is going on. I just closed his thread. It will remained closed & he will not be able to sell anything on here until he clears up his issue with you.

Please PM myself or another senior mod/jr. admin if you have any updates.

·
21,297 Posts
I once got scammed for 25 bucks on here ... TRUE STORY!

I took a risk for my wheels for 850 but it turned out the guy was legit. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
the worst is when the buyer will actually pay for an item w/o asking questions within the first few mins of posting.
they see the paypal addy and send money saying they just paid them for it :lol:

·
Registered
12,700 Posts
Bump because it's one of the most useful threads posted on the forums in a long time.. aside from the Hottest Girlfriend threads

·
21,297 Posts
Damn that flamer... He's at it again!

He got me also

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ok

Next time PM a mod & tell them what is going on. I just closed his thread. It will remained closed & he will not be able to sell anything on here until he clears up his issue with you.

Please PM myself or another senior mod/jr. admin if you have any updates.
Il'l keep you posted...
And i made a Paypal dispute,hope that it will wake him up!
Thank's! Ben

1 - 20 of 94 Posts