1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
couple maps i felt like throwing up here

one is a 50 trim without boost control.750 injectors fp boost source 42psi

edit: the 50 trim map was tuned on c16 race gas

the other is a 60 trim with vss boost control 12# gate spring 750 injectors fp boost source 40 psi

Attachments

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i love you aproach to idle the 50 trim map

jay you are the master !!!!!!:yesmaster
thanks man, btw i forgot to mention i will edit it in my first post but the 50 trim map is a c16 map.it has some rather aggressive timing.

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
thanks man, btw i forgot to mention i will edit it in my first post but the 50 trim map is a c16 map.it has some rather aggressive timing.
Wow! . . . It sure looks rather agressive.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am a newbie what do you mean by fp boost source 42 PSI

·
Registered
324 Posts
OK I am studying his 50 trim map. I looked over the fuel map and couldn't make out what was going on. It appears nothing in his fuel table goes over 30% duty cycle. How does it work? Am I missing something here? Most maps I have looked at gets to about 90% duty in the high pressure high RPM range. Is this an actual working map?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK I am studying his 50 trim map. I looked over the fuel map and couldn't make out what was going on. It appears nothing in his fuel table goes over 30% duty cycle. How does it work? Am I missing something here? Most maps I have looked at gets to about 90% duty in the high pressure high RPM range. Is this an actual working map?
yes that is an actual working map.if you look at the fuel map in duty cycle the numbers are low because they are uncorrected before modifiers do their job.the duty cycle numbers that you see on the map itself really dont mean diddlysquat.usually you will see high numbers in duty cycle if you are tuning a naturally aspirated car or not using boost compensation.what really matters is the duty cycle that you see when you look at your logs in which this case they were probably somewhere between 85-95% which is what i usually try to target.

like i said though the injector duty cycle when you log is corrected after modifiers and that is the number you should be looking at.go into advanced fuel and look at the boost fuel correct table and you will see the correlation between raw duty cycle and fuel percentage at high load and rpm

·
Registered
324 Posts
yes that is an actual working map.if you look at the fuel map in duty cycle the numbers are low because they are uncorrected before modifiers do their job.the duty cycle numbers that you see on the map itself really dont mean diddlysquat.usually you will see high numbers in duty cycle if you are tuning a naturally aspirated car or not using boost compensation.what really matters is the duty cycle that you see when you look at your logs in which this case they were probably somewhere between 85-95% which is what i usually try to target.

like i said though the injector duty cycle when you log is corrected after modifiers and that is the number you should be looking at.go into advanced fuel and look at the boost fuel correct table and you will see the correlation between raw duty cycle and fuel percentage at high load and rpm
What would I do without the forum? Read over complete manual 3 times but yet still know very little. I looked at your modifier and it now makes sense but why use the modifier instead of just making the table as close to reality. Also why am I not able to see the map sensor and injectors you are using? On other maps when I open the map sensor wizard and injector wizard the sensor and injectors are checked beside the one the person is using. I know you setup the breakpoints to correspond to the areas in use but how does the program know if it is 3 bar or 5 bar you are using and the injector size?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What would I do without the forum? Read over complete manual 3 times but yet still know very little. I looked at your modifier and it now makes sense but why use the modifier instead of just making the table as close to reality. Also why am I not able to see the map sensor and injectors you are using? On other maps when I open the map sensor wizard and injector wizard the sensor and injectors are checked beside the one the person is using. I know you setup the breakpoints to correspond to the areas in use but how does the program know if it is 3 bar or 5 bar you are using and the injector size?
interesting..i wonder why it doesnt show..either way it was 750 injectors and mopar 3 bar map sensor.as far as using the modifiers....well thats just preference and it has always been a hot topic between tuners using boost compensation or not using it.guys who tune alot of turbo cars mostly use it.i still use it on n/a cars though too.obviously no correction for boost but by going negative in vacuum you can really increase the resolution in the map for excellent driveability

1 - 13 of 13 Posts