Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do I need so that I don't kick me out of HOM I put gasoline 101 and I have a downpipe with cat, i prees the button and the light start blinking

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do I need so that I don't kick me out of HOM I put gasoline 101 and I have a downpipe with cat, i prees the button and the light start blinking
There are a few diff ways to manipulate it but the right answer is you need higher octane race gas. I wouldnt suggest an additive but they do work. Search the top bar, there are plenty of threads about it - Search results for query: hold HOM kick out

Do you have a S2 or S3?
I have s3

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
My car was able to hold HOM with pure C16 116 octane leaded.
But I ran a Mopar Cat Delete and sure enough there were the expected white lead deposits on the inside of the eshaust.
Like others, my car ran it's best in HOM with a mix of C16 and 101 Unleaded.
I forget the mix ratios since that was a long time ago and my car needed a slightly different ratio than others HOM cars with the same setup.
I didn't have any luck with water injection, in fact it made my car ping!
So try a 50-50 mix of C16 116 octane leaded race gas and 101 octane unleaded premium.
If you car won't hold HOM with pure C16 leaded race gas, then something is wrong with it - start with checking the torque on the knock sensor piezoelectric.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts