Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order a turbo kit, but I just can't decide between a 50trim bb, or a gt3071r. I plan on keeping the stock internals, possible building the head later on, but not anytime soon. I will not get a turbo that is not water cooled. For those running these kits, what pros and cons do you have? I know questions like these have been asked and I searched and found alot of info, but I would like a direct comparison for those running these turbos. Also if some one would like to throw in another suggestion, by all means go right ahead. The kit will be coming from Kinetic, that much I know. Thanks for any help :clap:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I decided on the 50 trim. I was contemplating the gt3076 or the 50 trim. The reason I went with the 50 besides the 800$ difference is that around 20#'s the turbos will push about the same. The gt3076 will produce more power at higher boost #'s

·
Registered
520 Posts
I Personally Will Be Going With The 3071r But Most People Will Go With The Dbb50trim. I Just Like The Rediculosly Fast Spool Of The 3071.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yeah, i settled on the gt3076r, so order is in and install will be happening sometime in the near future. then it's just back to retuning......

·
Registered
610 Posts
You will be pleased with the output of the gt3071. I just installed my atp kit a month ago ang iam very pleased with the output of the turbo.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
did a 3071r on an 04'.....honestly bro for what its worth in aggrivation, tear, blood and sweat...if i had to do it again i'd do Stage 3

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i don't have anything against stage3 at all, but for the money, i'd rather sweat and bleed a little and see more horsepower. although i know the 10sec srt4 is running s3...i just don't feel that it's for me.
We'll see how the gt3076r pans out. I've been trying so hard to get over 300hp out of the stocker, and i'm at the point where i want to rip it out right now before i even get any further, lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts