Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 Garrett 50 trim
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have CEL for P0033 and P1105. After going through older forums, I found that people used a resistor when doing the solenoid delete. Mine appears to have been done a different way. What can I do to turn off the CEL?
Hood Automotive tire Fender Gas Automotive exterior

Hood Electrical wiring Cable Electric blue Wire

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
1,847 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
insert a resistor between the two leads, reconnect the original solenoids.... put a piece of tape over the cel and ignore it?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I’m trying to get the car to pass emissions so placing a piece of tape over the CEL doesn’t resolve my issue, but you seem like someone I wouldn’t want advice from anyways. Since you’ve been so helpful, I have an idea for you!! Put a piece of tape over your eyes the next time you boost. Cheers mate

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
while i recognize you're new here, and maybe you are not familiar with how forums work, a quick search using the search bar at the top, or even using google can find almost any and all answers you could want about these cars...

while no one around here should mind you asking questions about your car, we do prefer you try to search before asking. This helps to eliminate as many repeat questions as possible.

BTW, welcome to the forums, if you havent already go to the new member section and introduce yourself and your car to the forums.

Reactions: lasvegaskade

·
Registered
102 Posts
I’m trying to get the car to pass emissions so placing a piece of tape over the CEL doesn’t resolve my issue, but you seem like someone I wouldn’t want advice from anyways. Since you’ve been so helpful, I have an idea for you!! Put a piece of tape over your eyes the next time you boost. Cheers mate
I do not believe the person who took the time to respond to your post deserved a comment like this. If I find myself with any help to give, I'm not sure I will anymore. Shouldn't ask for help and be a dick. They don't mesh well.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
HAHAH now, a real non-fuckwit would have said, "I live in a communist state (or limey communist country) that requires emissions testing, I've bought a car that barely passed emissions testing when brand new and now im trying to get my nearly 20 year old, not well maintained car to pass them, I have no real skills, can't read, nor do I posses any analytical skills at all. What can I do?"

Then my response would have been tailored to both your experiences and expectations. But, you didn't instead you expected me to divine these things and magically read your fucking mind.

There is a search function on this site. Again, requires analytical skills you dont possess... Also service manuals are available -but you would have to not be a lazy bitch and actually read them.

You should probably just take it to a professional, since it's pretty clear something as simple as a resistor across 2 wires is kicking your ass.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
while i recognize you're new here, and maybe you are not familiar with how forums work, a quick search using the search bar at the top, or even using google can find almost any and all answers you could want about these cars...

while no one around here should mind you asking questions about your car, we do prefer you try to search before asking. This helps to eliminate as many repeat questions as possible.

BTW, welcome to the forums, if you havent already go to the new member section and introduce yourself and your car to the forums.

[/QUOTE

while no one around here should mind you asking questions about your car, we do

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now that's some good advice! Maybe he could wait 3 more years and register it as a collector car? Then no emissions!
[/
HAHAH now, a real non-fuckwit would have said, "I live in a communist state (or limey communist country) that requires emissions testing, I've bought a car that barely passed emissions testing when brand new and now im trying to get my nearly 20 year old, not well maintained car to pass them, I have no real skills, can't read, nor do I posses any analytical skills at all. What can I do?"

Then my response would have been tailored to both your experiences and expectations. But, you didn't instead you expected me to divine these things and magically read your fucking mind.

There is a search function on this site. Again, requires analytical skills you dont possess... Also service manuals are available -but you would have to not be a lazy bitch and actually read them.

You should probably just take it to a professional, since it's pretty clear something as simple as a resistor across 2 wires is kicking your ass.

I live in Delaware. It’s not 100% communist. Diesel don’t have emissions testing. I can handle getting trolled as long as it helps me fix my car.
Car Speedometer Vehicle Plant Trip computer

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I have to laugh at the use of the word "communist" in this thread. I'm sure your definition of "liberal" is a person that hates people and wants to rule your life.

The irony 🤣
Nope, a liberal is a person who loves liberty. It's one of those words co-opted by the left, in their never ending pursuit to control everyone's life through a central plan. California and others are as far left as you can get in this country... One of the ways they plan to control your life is to limit what you can drive by making onerous laws that are aimed at removing perfectly good vehicles off the road, because emissions or some other non-sense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts