Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I've decided not to purchase an SRT-4. The dealer had a yellow, Neon RT and I decided to check it out. Now I know it's not exactly like an SRT-4, but it is close. Anyways, I was looking at the car...and it did nothing for me. It just didn't look sporty...shame it's a 4-door, 2 doors are so much sportier (as I discovered today).

Let me tell you I'm incredibly disappointed with this revelation. I was so into the SRT-4, it wasn't even funny. I had SRT-4 wallpaper (still do actually, heh), movies and copious pics and it breaks my heart that the car just doesn't look as good in person as it does in pictures.

Don't get me wrong, the SRT-4 is a beast, but I couldn't imagine any chicks being impressed by the car's looks. I just want to reiterate how much this upsets me, I loved the car...until today.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Wow, that's a first I've heard from anyone! What made it so "bad"? Was it just the way it looked, and did you even test drive it. I'm sure with a little love n care it would look fine. Why would you get a regular Neon over the SRT b/c of looks? Personally, I think an SRT-4 looks better than then '03 Neon's.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
duderdude2 said:
and I've decided not to purchase an SRT-4. The dealer had a yellow, Neon RT and I decided to check it out. Now I know it's not exactly like an SRT-4, but it is close. Anyways, I was looking at the car...and it did nothing for me. It just didn't look sporty...shame it's a 4-door, 2 doors are so much sportier (as I discovered today).

Let me tell you I'm incredibly disappointed with this revelation. I was so into the SRT-4, it wasn't even funny. I had SRT-4 wallpaper (still do actually, heh), movies and copious pics and it breaks my heart that the car just doesn't look as good in person as it does in pictures.

Don't get me wrong, the SRT-4 is a beast, but I couldn't imagine any chicks being impressed by the car's looks. I just want to reiterate how much this upsets me, I loved the car...until today.
I truly can't believe what i'm hearing..... Friends, we've got a man down...

You just wanted the SRT to impress chicks? Show the girls the dyno graph :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not purchasing a Neon.

Haha, and no, I'm not getting the car just to "impress chicks". I was just disappointed with how it looked in real life. And I did sit inside of the RT (interior is identical except for the seats and minor cosmetic changes), and while it wasn't bad, it didn't blow me away. The dash is kind of tiny and I just wasn't thoroughly impressed. I also must concede a lack of a sunroof on the SRT-4 was also a contributing factor (though not a decisive one).

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
duderdude2 said:
I'm not purchasing a Neon.

Haha, and no, I'm not getting the car just to "impress chicks". I was just disappointed with how it looked in real life. And I did sit inside of the RT (interior is identical except for the seats and minor cosmetic changes), and while it wasn't bad, it didn't blow me away. The dash is kind of tiny and I just wasn't thoroughly impressed. I also must concede a lack of a sunroof on the SRT-4 was also a contributing factor (though not a decisive one).
you did drive it right?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasn't the SRT-4. I will still drive that when my dealer gets those on his lot, just for the hell of it. But I can already tell you, I'm no longer interested in the car.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
duderdude2 said:
It wasn't the SRT-4. I will still drive that when my dealer gets those on his lot, just for the hell of it. But I can already tell you, I'm no longer interested in the car.
I'm not ragging you, if you don't want it, that's one for me... but you really do need to see it in person. It looks a lot different than the current R/T. And after you drive it, it may look like the best car you've ever seen. I wasn't big on the WRX until I test drove it. I'm also not a huge fan of the R/T, tho it's a great car. The SRT is just a different monster.

What are you going to buy instead then?

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
dude, the R/T and the SRT-4 are COMPLETELY different cars from components to looks. 03 R/T's are ugly as hell and look like the birth child of a caravan and 02 R/T!! I think you owe it to yourself to go look at and drive the SRT-4.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
drizze99 said:
dude, the R/T and the SRT-4 are COMPLETELY different cars from components to looks.
I think you're in denial. They look remarkably alike. Besides, as it turns out, my dealer is only getting 4 SRT-4s this year, I was 5th on the list. So even if I still wanted this car, a year is far too long to wait.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
duderdude2 said:
drizze99 said:
dude, the R/T and the SRT-4 are COMPLETELY different cars from components to looks.
I think you're in denial. They look remarkably alike. Besides, as it turns out, my dealer is only getting 4 SRT-4s this year, I was 5th on the list. So even if I still wanted this car, a year is far too long to wait.

You're telling me that these cars look alike and I'm in denial? When's the last time you had your eyes checked?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
drizze99 said:
You're telling me that these cars look alike and I'm in denial?[/b] When's the last time you had your eyes checked?

Yes, you can't tell? At least I know you're not color blind, as that is the most significant difference between the two.

I will also agree the front of the car looks the most evolved, however, the rest is pretty god damn close, seeing as how it is the Neon. The rear has had no alterations except for a larger spoiler. The headlights, fog lamps and reflectors are identical (and located in the same place). The car is still a 4 door and looks like an RT.

There's no denying the car is simply a souped up Neon RT (I don't know why you're taking that offensively).

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
look at the front ends...the srt front looks angry and the R/T front looks like a caravan raped a 2nd gen neon. wait till you sit in those seats, my friends had to drag me outta the SRT at NAIAS

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
no, the rt is a souped up neon. the srt-4 is a different car.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Let him be, because he sounds like he already has his mind made up. Some people are just to ignorant to know the difference between the two cars and love to use the phrase "it's just neon." It's OK< now there's another SRT available for a real SRT enthusiast. Good Luck with whatever you get, BUT when you get SMOKED, I MEAN SMOKED, by an SRT, don't say I didn't tell you so!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
If you are looking for an image car, the SRT-4 is certainly not for you. You probably won't get random people coming up to you going, "DAMN, nice Neon." I think Dodge intend this car for drivers and tuners. Neither of which you appear to be, so I think you made the right choice.

JC

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well said.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing