Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

My FSCKING POS OF A LEMON started fucking up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Symptoms: Severe stuttering between 2500 and 3500 rpm's at WOT (feels kinda like fuel cut but not really), Occasional black smoke (only during stuttering)

What they've done in the past that obviously hasn't completely fixed the problem:
1) Replaced all 4 injectors (twice!)
2) Replaced fuel pump kit
3) Replaced plugs and wires
4) Flashed the ECU? (hadn't heard about this being a problem on '04s)

What I've done that obviously hasn't fixed the problem.
1) Replaced the coilpack with the MSD
2) Upgraded to Stage 1

So I guess I take it to the dealership again. I guess I need to get ahold of a lawyer and find out about filing under the lemon law. This shit is starting to seriously piss me off.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I wonder if you might have a bad positive battery cable (or ground?). I know that it sounds wierd, but my Shadow ES Convertible did the same thing. That is what fixed it.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
i thought the lemon law was a used car beig sold and claimed to work and run perfect, i didnt know it applied to brand new vehicles where the manufacturers were doing everything they could to fix it (for free) under warranty

·
Registered
208 Posts
BlackSRT4GUY said:
i thought the lemon law was a used car beig sold and claimed to work and run perfect, i didnt know it applied to brand new vehicles where the manufacturers were doing everything they could to fix it (for free) under warranty

Nope, lemon laws actually apply to new cars only.

·
Registered
84 Posts
lemon laws barely work - my bro's 04 GT would lose ALL electrical power and the engine would die when making sharp turns...also the steering would lock up.

Ford laughed, and said that lemon law fraud was the biggest claim against their insurance and that pretty much now they don't do anything with the lemon claims. They offered him a new car if he wanted to "buy" it. If you get irrate with them, they just hang up on you or tell you to leave the dealership - it's that simple. It's up to them to approve your lemon law case. And even if they do accept your case, it's up to the manufacturer to decide what the remedy is.
The region ford rep said even if they took the case, the board of directors would probably deny the claim in the end anyway. He also said you had to have a REAL easy to duplicate problem that wouldn't go away. Like for example, if everytime you turn the key to start and the engine burst into green flames. Each and every time of course. But something that is hard to diagnose...well forget about it.

but good luck to ya....

·
Registered
402 Posts
yarbsea said:
The region ford rep said even if they took the case, the board of directors would probably deny the claim in the end anyway. He also said you had to have a REAL easy to duplicate problem that wouldn't go away. Like for example, if everytime you turn the key to start and the engine burst into green flames. Each and every time of course. But something that is hard to diagnose...well forget about it.

but good luck to ya....
My lawyer woulda had a feild day with that bunch :jester:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SRT4DRIVER said:
Spark or Fuel problem / Maybe stage one wasnt the best idea for you to put in since it voids the warranty IMO. / Did they try to replace your pcm with a new stock one?
Problem exists with either the Stock or Stage 1 ECU. I can see one or the other causing a problem but not both.

Spark
What could cause a spark cut besides plugs, wires or coilpack (which have all been replaced)?

Fuel
What could cause it to go lean or rich (besides fuel pump kit)?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blue Thunder said:
Did you take your car by the dealership yet?
Not yet. I've been in D.C. since Sunday and I didn't really have a chance to go before that. One thing I tried right before I left was switching the injectors with the set that I got with my Stg 1. Amazingly that made the problem almost go away. I don't know whats going on now. When I get back I'm gonna take another look at it and if that fixes the problem i'm gonna take it to the dealer and ask why the fuck i'm going through injectors like they were candy. If this fixes the problem it will be the 4th complete set of injectors i've had.
What could cause that? I'm starting to seriously doubt the reliability of this car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.