Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So... How much does a new engine cost? *Updated*

How much would a new engine cost, and how much would it probably cost after all is said and done if it's replacing the original engine... after labor, shipping, etc. I know the best I can probably get is a guestimate, but I'm very uninformed as to how much this may cost.

PS: I won't be giving out any details about why I want to know, until late Monday at the earliest, so don't ask :(

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pit Viper said:
I was quoted $6700 for all parts & repair by the dealership.
You just ruined my day... or next few years of my life! :stab:

·
Registered
907 Posts
uh oh

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Trust PitViper on this, he has an awesome hookup for his, and they are a sponsored vendor here. I'll let him divulge the info though.....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Poor liddel bruder... :crying:

Sucks... I'd sell you my engine if that could figure into my plan to sell my car and get something I can easier afford. Looking to get married within the next year or so and definitely need to cut back expenses.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
depending on what is wrong, might b able to rebuild for cheaper...
if u fucked up your internals u can get forged internals for like 2k plus install...

·
Registered
987 Posts
i think it would be very rare to grenade this motor to unusability by running to much boost on a stock turbo....u would just fry ur pistons and smoke realllly bad, unless the pistons cracked and came apart...

so he probly shifted into the wrong gear or hydro-locked...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Just drop one of those honda engines in yoo... like a b20VVTTEECCC TURBOOOOOO. You'd be mad crazy yo with like 800 RWhp. For real though, with 6-7k for a new motor with labor, might as well build up a motor, get a couple of buddies and do the labor yourself. Motor should be relatively easy to replace with at least one person with automotive knowledge.

·
Registered
691 Posts
i had a friend who sucked up some water and the dealer replaced the moter because he broke the #1 piston rod. all together new motor, turbo, and dealer labor total was around$4500

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.