Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Don't know but i never had any problems with the car till I install an AGP solid tranny mount. Driveability is alot better, better reaction but I think it rattles everthing to shit.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Damn, mine just took a shit AGAIN. The damn springs!

I think this is the 4th clutch to have the springs fall out.:stab:

I still have yet to have one of your clutches last more than 10 k miles.

These clutches have turned into a money pit with all of the times i have had to pay for shipping back and forth and replacements.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRTotM Moderator
6,846 Posts
Sorry to here everyones issues. i had a cm stage3 in mine and put one back in. i like it grabs good works dd and lil track. I have solid motor mount and no issues. I have a pic of my old on doesnt seem to have any issue with spring i wouldnt be afraid to reuse it if i was in a pinch.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

i get to be the guy with no problems this time to even it out a lil.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Oh dont get me wrong, the clutch has never slipped, and grabs like a mofo. But its a poor design on CM's part IMO. There is too much slack with the springs. causing excessive spring rotation, thus wearing out the tabs and causing premature failure of the disc. If there was never an issue with the springs, i would still be on my first clutch with and extra $1k on my pocket.

·
6,846 Posts
i feel ya. i learned to look out for this problem from reading everyones issue. i was just wanted to post when im not the one having a problem for a change lol. Has CM done well an assisting everyone with there problem? just in case i encounter it?

·
6,846 Posts
I just got done with a new tranny because the old one had the 3rd gear grind. Money is something these cars like to burn..:crying:

I hope you get back up and running soon ...

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I never thought that there was a problem with the clutch until I took it off the car and herd the clanking of metal inside the pressure plate. As you can see the disc material was still in great shape. Never slipped grabbed hard. I know CM made a comment on if you drive it aggressively then it will burn it up and cause problems. Well you can'tsit there and sell a almost "RACE ONLY" clutch and expect to drive the car conservatively you know what I mean. But with the appearence of the flywheel a PP having no burn marks or discoloration it is clear that the clutch was not aggressively driven and the springs still managed to get destroyed in a short period of time. It failed the next day after installing the solid tranny mount. So that tells me it was pretty beat the hell up and the solid mount just allowed it to come apart. My car is running in the 450 to 500 hp range right now untuned and on low boost so I am sure that makes a difference then some people. I am almost at this clutches max holding capacity I believe, even though they say it's rated at 600hp.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Yeah man, the pads on the disc were in great shape. On both yours and mine. Same as the fly and pp, no burn marks or discoloration.

Any word from CM when you will get the new design?

·
Registered
966 Posts
you guys really waiting on a new design?

i will never use another clutch master clutch or recommend it to anyone.

also does anyone know the difference between the clutch master pp and the stock pp. they both look the same to me with SACKS stamped on both, except for the clutch master sticker and painted white whats the difference

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Not yet just their response on here. Two weeks again. The PP fingers are little different and mounting is in different locations, from what I understand from their description of their clutches.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
never said it stopped grabbing. The clutch grabbed hard always never slipped. Every part of the clutch was in awesome shape except the springs and baskets.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hummm 1st set was like that on mine springs all pop out..... 2nd set only lasted me 15K hard to put in gears.... and this is my 3rd set about to take a dump. i heard act is better?

its hard to spend this kind of $$$ only last 15k miles or less.........

41 - 60 of 97 Posts