Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you improve upon a really solid piston design? Help out where you can with thermal management, that's how. :thumbsup:

These are Kevin's pistons with a thermal barrier coating on the tops, to help minimize heat transfer to the piston keeping it cooler, while minimizing hotspots on the piston top. The skirts have a dry film lube applied to them to aid in lubricity and minimize galling. Finally the bottoms (inside of the skirts) have a thermal dispersant to help shed oil, and to help pull heat away from the piston. All good stuff :eveilgrin

Thanks again for the support Kevin!

-Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
3,015 Posts
How much per piston for the exact same thing?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
mmmmmmmm.....sexy. i want a set. i think if i ever get my motor rebuilt i will def pick up a set. would really wake the motor up in this elevation and allow the same if not more power on lower boost. can't wait to see your car up and running kevin

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
mmmmmmmm.....sexy. i want a set. i think if i ever get my motor rebuilt i will def pick up a set. would really wake the motor up in this elevation and allow the same if not more power on lower boost. can't wait to see your car up and running kevin
x2!!!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much per piston for the exact same thing?
Those are pricey $650 a set for those they are custom 10.8:1 compression. Bob has my info in the box for weight on the pistons. The off the shelf pistons in a 8.8:1 are $550 and around 368g-378g.
According to the spec sheet here, these pistons weigh in at 401g (keep in mind these are custom not the shelf stocked item)

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
what is the lightest piston avail in the 8 to 1 range? My next motor build is going to have the lights rod and pistons.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Cant wait for my pistons to get here!!!! Rods from Kevin through Bod!!! Get your shit from Kevin he rocks!!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
High compression is stupid and gay, you gain nothing from doing it :lol:

J/K Pistons look sick:thumbsup:, can't wait to see the car at SRT nationals. High compression FTW:clap:

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
3,015 Posts
How much for each piston coated like that?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts