Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im on lunch brake going to get a slurpee and I punch it out of the hole and 2 motor mount bolts snap directly in half. Well, my motor falls down and causes the drive axle to start riding on the frame.

I know dodge can see what I have done for up to 250 key starts and they wont warranty the motor mount because of (abusive driving). But... I put 2 new bolts in the motor mounts and did a temp. repair on the drive axle boot. It is still whining as I go down the road and there was metal in the grease. \

What are my chances of getting a drive axle from my warranty?

Thanks

-Jon

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
silverwoolley said:
I know dodge can see what I have done for up to 250 key starts and they wont warranty the motor mount because of (abusive driving).
-Jon
Huh what are you talking about? The bolts snaped I suggest you take it to the dealer and be honest telling them what happened. A bolt should not snap regardless of how hard you hit the gas unless of course the factory did not install them correctly or they are two weak from ther start :).

·
Registered
841 Posts
silverwoolley said:
Good. I had this happen to me twice & it was repaired under warranty both times. I have stage 1 & my car is lowered. They lectured me about driving hard & lowering the car after my 2nd repair though & said next time it happened, I'd have a tough time gettin' it fixed under warranty.

It all depends on th dealer though, good luck.

·
Registered
709 Posts
silverwoolley said:
So Im on lunch brake going to get a slurpee and I punch it out of the hole and 2 motor mount bolts snap directly in half. Well, my motor falls down and causes the drive axle to start riding on the frame.

I know dodge can see what I have done for up to 250 key starts and they wont warranty the motor mount because of (abusive driving). But... I put 2 new bolts in the motor mounts and did a temp. repair on the drive axle boot. It is still whining as I go down the road and there was metal in the grease. \

Thanks

-Jon
They can't tell how you've driven your car for the last 250 or whatever starts. The only way they could catch you is if: The vehicle sets a DTC (engine light comes on) while speeding, or under WOT. When the engine light comes on freeze frame data is recorded, and that includes vehicle speed and throttle position. So if no light comes on, you're fine.

Your best bet would have been getting the vehicle towed to the dealer for them to see what the bolts breaking did to the axle, cuz now if you want warranty, you're gonna have to explain that the bolts broke, the engine fell onto the axle and tore the boot, and that you repaired the bolts. They may find it a little hard to swallow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts