Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not the war stories forum but I thought I would share with fellow canadians. I was out fri night and this young guy in a porsche boxtster blows by me on Woodroffe. I catch up to him and figure I would give him a lesson. Anyways we both go for it and I shut it down at about 120. He is waaay back. But sure enough he does the fly by and turns off. Yes I know the boxster is not fast but it was worth knowing that the guys night was completely ruined because some neon kicked his ass.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Actually there was a new Boxter S that tried me one time. I have to say he was holding his own. I still pulled about 2-3 car lengths on him though. He was hanging in there. Definately wasn't dissapearing in my rear view! I think the German manufactured Porches are probably geared for the Autobahn anyways.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
SRT(in)Miami said:
Those boxster I think are limited to 168 or 170mph...The s i mean...The regular porsche is probably limited to 160mph...
I don't the Boxter has enough HP to be in the 160-170 mph range not even the "S"?

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
xtrememps said:
I can rape stock Boxsters in my stock MS Protege...lol.
Not if he has 2 legs and an arm to shift with.
At best u should be able to keep up with him which is a far cry from raping one in a MSP.

·
Registered
287 Posts
a good driver and a few mods and our cars can take down the carerras to. I have raced 2 different Carerras and both times we were just about even,

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
ontariosrtguy said:
a good driver and a few mods and our cars can take down the carerras to. I have raced 2 different Carerras and both times we were just about even,

It traps around 106 mph. that's more like stg2 territory but definately beatable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It was a Boxster Tiptronic I'm almost sure since I didn't see the guy's hand move at all off the steering wheel. They're slow, even compared to my stock msp ;-)

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
xtrememps said:
It was a Boxster Tiptronic I'm almost sure since I didn't see the guy's hand move at all off the steering wheel. They're slow, even compared to my stock msp ;-)
How do u like the shift feel and throw on the MSP. I have a friend with the same car and he makes it look horrible but he can't really drive stick. Is it anything like the miata that is probably the best gearbox i've ever rowed stock.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
SRT(in)Miami said:
Those boxster I think are limited to 168 or 170mph...The s i mean...The regular porsche is probably limited to 160mph...
Well I know that my SRT is limited to 162-163ish. I've hit it a few times. I think the BoxterS is limited to about 260kph (around 162mph)

·
Registered
907 Posts
the boxster is like an embarrassment to porshe owners.....noone seious about poshes buys them. thier build quality ive heard horror stories after horror story about

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I also took down a mid 90's 911 on Sat night running down Oak street in Vancouver. He saw me pass him and he wasn't having that so he pulls up and I just give'er. He shut it down as I was a car length ahead. Not sure how fast we were going because my eyes were glued to the narrow street and due to the fact I almost shit my pants when I flew over a big hump in the road. My ass left the seat that is how high I got. Had to use bleach on my drawers the next morning to get the stains out.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I had my ass handed to me by a porsche a few weeks ago. I looked in my mirror and noticed a convertible porsche tailgating me. Assuming it was a Boxster thought I would have some fun. So I waited for him to pull beside me and we both hit it. I couldnt believe the way it pulled away from me. I thought there was something wrong with my car. I was thinking to myself it must be a Boxster S because I know a regular Boxster would not pull off that way. Pull up beside him at the next lights and realize it wasnt a Boxster at all. It was a 2004 911 turbo convertible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts