Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
s3*ps2 thats the plan, however what do u think I should do in regards to bleeding the system? Like should I start the car up? Rinse the coolant system w/water? Or don't even worry about bleeding as there is nothing there, hence just fill it up w/coolant?
There are how-tos on how to drain/bleed and fill the coolant on this forum. I would just fill it up with distilled water first, run it for a bit, and drain it all out.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
s3*ps2 thats the plan, however what do u think I should do in regards to bleeding the system? Like should I start the car up? Rinse the coolant system w/water? Or don't even worry about bleeding as there is nothing there, hence just fill it up w/coolant?
Up to you man. I say fill it up with distilled water, let it run until the fan kicks on then drain the water out. And see what it looks like. Then fill with a 50 50 mix. When you fill it with just water and its running, keep an eye for leaks. There is a reason why it has no coolant....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Up to you man. I say fill it up with distilled water, let it run until the fan kicks on then drain the water out. And see what it looks like. Then fill with a 50 50 mix. When you fill it with just water and its running, keep an eye for leaks. There is a reason why it has no coolant....
Yea, I think I'm gonna do just that, shouldn't be much hassle burping the system as there is nothing there, I'll let you know how it goes...thaxs!!!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts