Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds like blasphemy, but I live in New York City, and a manual transmission just isn't practical. The WRX is offered with an automatic, do you know if Dodge has any plans to ever offer the SRT-4 with one?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oh blah...first of all...the luxury of the extra speed is soo much better....You can kickdown...when you want....who cares about city driving...so much more worth it when you hit the open road...No slushbox...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Black_Rain said:
Oh blah...first of all...the luxury of the extra speed is soo much better....You can kickdown...when you want....who cares about city driving...so much more worth it when you hit the open road...No slushbox...
This car is about pure performance just like the new Cobra and the STi, it's a drivers car and it takes something away from it when it has a slushbox.

-faast

·
Registered
534 Posts
Slow5OH said:
Black_Rain said:
This car is about pure performance just like the new Cobra and the STi, it's a drivers car and it takes something away from it when it has a slushbox.

-faast

yeah i know...i was agreeing w/ you... :?:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree. I live in los angeles....have a civic si 5speed. Stop and go traffic can be a bitch, but its sooo worth it when I get a chance to mow through the gears on some twisties, or racing at the track. I can only imagine how much fun it will be with the srt-4.

NYC....can you AIM me at "voxloser", I wanna ask you some questions about driving/living in nyc.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I tell you what, I just want to say that you two have some big brass ones to even drive in NYC and LA. I've never been to either place, but if I did I just know I'd kill someone or be killed. I live in W.V. and the traffic here pisses me off so bad sometimes that......arrrrr, I just couldn't handle a big city.

Jason

·
Registered
175 Posts
Fuck man, tell me about it. I swear to god, some people get in their cars looking to kill someone. Using mirrors is a foreign concept....and you better not signal to change lanes, cause they actually speed up so you cant get in!! lol

One time, some guy started honking his ass off at me because I got in his way while he was making an illegal turn. I gave him the finger, and he jumped out of his car and started coming over to me ready to kick some ass. I started rolling up my window as fast as I could, lol!!! Im not gonna front, I was shitting my pants. Good thing the light changed, and I sped off....he chased me for like 15 minutes though. Shit like that happens alot....I bet it happens even more in NYC.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
that's why i carry a 4D cell maglight with me, its sits between my seat and the door, easy access :)

and im a big boy, aint no one gonna f with me when you pull that metal baseball bat up :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JasoNeon said:
I tell you what, I just want to say that you two have some big brass ones to even drive in NYC and LA. I've never been to either place, but if I did I just know I'd kill someone or be killed. I live in W.V. and the traffic here pisses me off so bad sometimes that......arrrrr, I just couldn't handle a big city.

Jason
I'll tell you what, you definitely need to know how to drive to drive in Manhattan. You can take things like traffic laws and rules and throw them right out the window, cause they don't apply. It really is everyman for himself. But the thing is, it's a lot of shooting out from a stop light, cutting in front of somebody to get position, slamming on your breaks to keep from hitting pedestrians, weaving in between tourists... you have to accelerate really really hard without ever topping thirty miles an hour, and you're only gonna go max a hundred or a hundred fifty yards between having to stop at red lights, but it's absolutely crucial to accelerate enough to pass everybody else in those hundred yards, or else you'll literally never move anywhere. That just doesn't lend itself to driving a manual transmission car. As for opening it up on the open road, I only really drive in the city or on Long Island, so the only times I'm ever drviving when you really can open it up is after midnight. 99% percent of the time, it's accelerate up to 70, slam on the breaks, go at fifteen for a while, back up to speed for fifteen seconds or so, slam on the breaks again... I used to drive a Jetta with a five speed, and I just couldn't do it. No matter how much better it is, it's just not practical here to drive a manual transmission.

Now, if I had money, I'd get the electronically controlled manual on the new BMW M3, but, I don't, so I guess it's gotta be a WRX with a slushbox.

·
Registered
726 Posts
NeonWaSp said:
that's why i carry a 4D cell maglight with me, its sits between my seat and the door, easy access :)

and im a big boy, aint no one gonna f with me when you pull that metal baseball bat up :)
LOL! I have a big 'ol Maglite in my '01 Neon's door too...I call it my "be cool" stick. You better "be cool" or else I'll pull that bad boy out :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Try driving a tractor trailer in LA or NY (Manhattan) I've done both.

Although most of the drivers do realize that in a battle, they would lose... :twisted:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Last time I checked Darrell Cox's Phatridez/Mopar Performance SRT-4 Neon had run a 9.34 in the quarter with a three speed Neon slush-box tranny.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
phatridz srt-4

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
12 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing