Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
'04 E-blue NSRT-4
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. I replaced my clutch and while reassembling the bastard, I went to put the slave cylinder back in and it refused to cooperate. The rod would not depress into the body no matter how hard I pushed. So I disconnected the line from the slave, pulled the rod and the piston out, and drained it. With no fluid in it, it will depress and rebound like normal. So I put it all back together and tried to bleed it by pushing in the the slave cylinder, and nothing happens. Nothing. It moves fine but there are no bubbles coming out of the resevoir. And I have no idea why not. The clutch master cylinder and the slave are brand new from Modern Performance, it has a stainless braided clutch line, and a DCR pedal pushrod. Please help.

·
Premium Member
'04 E-blue NSRT-4
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It won't even compress enough to allow me to mount it in the trans. So no.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This may sound odd but maybe you put the fork in reverse? There is two grooves one for the pivot ball and the other for the slave cylinder rod. Just throwing some ideas your way. Also if you remove the inspection cover you should be able to see the pivot fork and what's going on while your trying to push the slave in.

·
Premium Member
'04 E-blue NSRT-4
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, I am 100% sure that I put the fork in correctly. Had a new grommet and clip for the pivot ball and everything. I did take the inspection cover off to see if the slave rod was just not aligned, but it was. But that was when I couldn't depress it. Now it goes in and now it just won't bleed.

·
Premium Member
'04 E-blue NSRT-4
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
You have two different variables. Throw a stock rod back on. Maybe DCR had a bad batch. Or there's something wrong with the braided line. Sounds like the fluid won't move through it at all or something. I'm leaning towards the line
A stocker will be tough to press with your hands once its bled properly. i usually pump it by hand and by 10-15 pumps it hurts your fingers to pump so you know its good.

·
Premium Member
'04 E-blue NSRT-4
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
True. I considered the line being clogged so I had the wife pump the clutch with the slave end open. It seemed to flow fine and it was super easy for her to push by hand. I ordered a new master from Rock Auto so that will determine whether that was the issue or not. I am going to blow out the line just in case though. Didn't consider the rod being bad yet though. How would I be able to determine if it is?

·
Premium Member
'04 E-blue NSRT-4
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the issue has been resolved! :thumbup: I am just not sure how. I ended up removing both the slave and master cylinder from the car. Took off the line and drained all of the fluid from everything. Disassembled the master completely, saw no issues or broken pieces at all. Put it back together, again no issues. Reconnected the cylinders to the line, with the line routed correctly on the car, but didn't mount anything. I just wanted to see if I could bleed it first. And all of a sudden it did! Bled out all of the air, mounted everything, adjusted the pedal, test drive went flawlessly. Wish I knew what the hell happened, but I'm back on the road!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Weird lol. Rock on though!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this issue ended up being the clutch master cylinder. It wouldent let pressure back out through the master and out the resevoir when trying to bleed it by compressing the slave cylinder by hand. I ended up puting a New DCR push rod also cause i was breaking them due to increased pressure of the 6 puck act clutch kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts