Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 95 Posts
even though im quite a noob here, it seems you all are lacking the "show and shine" forum, or "Members rides" forum. Almost every other forum i'm on (nissan, honda, etc) all have showoff sections. It'd be nice to come and check out some hooked up SRT's haha. Also, if you wanted to cut down on bandwith, you could just have everyone link them only. If it was a problem. Just thoughts.

-Adam

Yet another vote for regional sections

We have a bunch of people that visit this site that don't own an SRT. Why not make a separate forum for them to discuss their cars so they don't junk up the General Discussion, Off-topic, etc. threads. You have a PVO and Chrysler garage, why not make it "Turbo Garage" for non-DC turbo vehicles (this would cover WRXs, EVOs and others).

Of course, if you wanted you could just make a WRX discussion forum since about 40% of us own them. :p

Discussion starter · #30 ·
If you use the word and in between your search terms, it will do what you need. For example:

Srt and headlights and modifications would narrow it down for you.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
There is simply a bug in phpBB that is breaking the search engine now, I'm sure it will get worked out eventually.

I'm not a big fan of VB, simply because it does cost money. Almost everything I use is non commercial, and unless there is a very large reason I cant do that, I try to stick with open source software.

Just habits I guess..

ekool said:
There is simply a bug in phpBB that is breaking the search engine now, I'm sure it will get worked out eventually.

I'm not a big fan of VB, simply because it does cost money. Almost everything I use is non commercial, and unless there is a very large reason I cant do that, I try to stick with open source software.

Just habits I guess..
I have a license for vbulletin not being used for anything I could help out there..

:p

I bought it for a biz that never took off and its just setting there..

plus I think this place would see more good use for it as well..

Discussion starter · #35 ·
I will think about it, money isnt really the problem, just my personal preferences... like to use free software if i can.

ekool said:
I will think about it, money isnt really the problem, just my personal preferences... like to use free software if i can.
oh I am free software man my self.. all my servers run linux since it doesn't cost me anything..

but as far as forum software.. I tend to stay payware due to the reliability and service they will give to the forums..

problem with open source freeware is that it takes time for a cvs to come out to fix a problem..

plus the programmers do this on their free time :)

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Opensource seems to have fixes available much faster then commercial apps, in my experience. Due to the fact that anyone out there can just post up a patch and get the hole fixed, then perhaps later an official fix comes along and you can revert your previous patch and install the official one.

Besides, reliability hasnt been a problem for us yet...

This might be more of a question than a suggestion but why do I get taken to the last post on the last page of a thread even when I haven't read any of it yet. Is there a setting I can change to see the first post automatically?
Thanks

21 - 40 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.