Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to post a message now and again asking for site suggestions.

One that has been made from another post was "Regional" sections -- I'm totally up for that if everyone thinks they will be a good idea..

The only bad side to "breaking" things up like that is alot of good information gets posted to the regional sections but alot of people can miss it to since they dont visit it unless its in their region.

Any other suggestions?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
ok here is my idea to ease comfusion as we grow:

-keep recent site news section aswell as recent posts

-Make 5 sections as follows:

*Section 1 General Area (change name to "The Lounge") that you click
on then you get the subforums that are currently within that section but
eliminating all the clutter

*Section 2 SRT-4 Forums (name stays) that you click and get the
subforums currently within that section again eliminating the clutter.

*Section 3 SRT-4 Regions (new section) with sub forums for Northeast
(DE,MD,NJ,NY,PA,VA,WV and the District of Columbia), New England
(ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT ), South/Southeast
(AL,AR,FL,GA,KY,LA,MS,NC,SC,TN,TX) , Midwest (IL,IN,MI,MN,MO,OH,WI
) , Great Plains ( IA,KS,NE,ND,SD,OK) , Northwest (AK,ID,MT,OR,WA,WY)
and West/Southwest (AZ,CA,CO,HI,NV,NM,UT). Did i miss
anyone? :roll: :lol:

*Section 4 PVO/Dodge Garage (name stays) that you click and get the

*Section 5 Chysler Garage (name stays) that you click and get the

Ekool tolook similar to the setup here for the regional forum

- When you make thse new catergories can you make it so no one can see the most recent posts or the moderators till they are within that catergory?

- Can you move the 420a discussion into the PVO/Dodge garage section?

- Can you slot the fastest SRT4 forum between modifications and war stories while putting the probs section at the bottom of the list?

- Can you put the bar that tells you if you have any PMs between the mostrecent post section and the general area section so that when you open up the index you can see it right there before you scroll down anywhere else?

am i asking too much?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your not asking too much, but a few of those are heavily opinion based.

The software we use doesnt have the ability to do what you want as sar as only showing the main "name" and then displaying the sub-forums.

The other suggestions I will think about, and probably implement at least one or two.

The regional forums I can almost guarantee we will implement.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I think you should hold off a couple months on the regional forums. The entire country hasn't gotten them yet and I don't think you'd have a whole lot of activity in most of them. The only real regions that have them are Florida, California and some parts of New England, so I'd suggest maybe only those regional forums for now if at all. I just don't think there's enough people on here yet to further sub divide it down to the regional level. What good is a regional forum if you only have 4 or 5 active members from that region?

-faast

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
The regional is the one I would like to see the most, I hinted earlier about it, thanks for listening Ekool :wink:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think regional will still work being implemented now. Of course most the US doesn't have them, but a lot of people spread out have taken a trip to Florida or Cali and drove one home. So there are nation-wide SRT-4s, just spread thin right now. Might as well get a head start on it. It'll be needing done within the next month anyways. ALL SRT-4s will be ALLOTED to ALL dealers getting them by MID-MAY. (Alloted doesn't mean they'll ALL have them, but a lot will have the and the other half will only be waiting for their shipment to arrive) Can I vote my self as my regions president or something?? :) Anyways, I'm of course all for region boards. ANy other change I suppose would be fine with me if it isn't a dumb suggestion. ;)

·
Registered
755 Posts
one thing that i did like that i saw at the board link by acr2nv was once called photoalbum. That would be nice to have...not have to swim through the clutter of replys, just have an organized photoalbum, like one topic per srt-4 or somethin like that

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think some of the regions may need a be changed a bit as far as the states go. I'm in colorado for instance and I know there will be a lot more folks from California who have the srt's, we won't get them for awhile yet, but that's a pretty large region to make. Perhaps a mountain states or something would be nice.

I would personally like to see more on the main page that is not all forum based. I am a big fan of the site design at wrxtuners.com and dsmtuners.com, I believe a few of the people here used to regularly visit those sites. They main pages have a lot of good information for new owners as well as suggested upgrade paths with different parts and links to places to buy them. I believe that this could tie in well with the sponsorship ideas. There may be some difficulty in implementing this as the aftermarket for the srt is still in it's infancy but I believe that much can still be done, wouldn't it be nice to have information on upgrades like the downpipes, boost controllers, and motor mounts along with some reviews by those who have bought them, and links to sellers, like Hector and ATP? I've considered making such a page myself but don't haven't gotten around to it yet, and I also unforetunately can't get an srt till the end of the month.

just my .02

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
the only problem with having all of that extra crap on the front page is that this is called srtforums.com, not www.srtfrontpagehaslotsofcrapbuthittheforumsbuttontogototheforumsforums.com

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quark said:
how about an online/offline status box in the left column where the persons screen/info is displayed?
I'll work on that when I get back tonight... I can do that.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
You sure have been busy with the site lately ekool, any time left over for playing with your sweet rides?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess its really impossible to please everybody :(

I've changd the Hidden/Offline icon to be the same...

Regardless, people know who's hidden when you make a post and you dont show as online, so its rather pointless anyway.

·
Registered
697 Posts
how about a links page

:twisted:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I like the ONLINE/OFFLINE indicator

How about a FAQ section? (sorry if this was already asked!)

***EDIT*** the regional thing would be a GREAT idea!!

·
Banned
16,408 Posts
I think a regional section would be great, however I think it would be good if the state that a person is in be required. Not the city per se but at least the state.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts