Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a major hardware failure so we are limping along on some hardware right now that runs a few different sites. It should be adequate for the short term, but if something seems to be amiss, please post in this thread.

We had to restore a backup which was done this morning at roughly 3:37am MST, so any posts made between then and around 10am MST will need to be reposted.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, I have been working on the problem all day and we just got everything up and running.

If you notice something broken, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
clubwrx.net had a crash to like this, hackers?

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
too bad you cant kill the kids that do crap like this

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2004NeonSRT4 said:
clubwrx.net had a crash to like this, hackers?
Bad power supply crashed the machine, database got corrupted :(

It was just bad lack, hardware failures happen -- this just happened to corrupt the DB which should not happen.

Anyway, the search index is rebuilding -- it starts with the oldest posts first. So if you search for something, you are likely going to get data from old threads instead of recent ones. Its crunching away, its at 17,000 right now so only a million more to go :)

·
Registered
11,957 Posts
You running this personally? or hosted by someone else.

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
New England section. Did You Notice Many Posts Are Gone <HR style="COLOR: #990000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Appears the SRTForum Servers went down and in the process many posts are no longer out here. Like from early this morning till early afternoon.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ptc01 said:
New England section. Did You Notice Many Posts Are Gone <HR style="COLOR: #990000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Appears the SRTForum Servers went down and in the process many posts are no longer out here. Like from early this morning till early afternoon.
ekool said:
We had to restore a backup which was done this morning at roughly 3:37am MST, so any posts made between then and around 10am MST will need to be reposted.
And yes, I host the machines myself.

·
Registered
11,957 Posts
ekool said:
And yes, I host the machines myself.
I'll make a note to put this box I have here as a possible donation when it gets decommissioned sometime this year. (Compaq DL380 G1 series machine, hotswap drives, dual hotswap power supplies)
If you'd be interested that is. :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Do you need any hardware? I ask because I might be able to pitch in. What kind of hardware you running it on? We had an extra rack server a while back at work, damn thing fell on my leg and i got the scar to prove it.

Who pays for all the damn bandwidth?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
USC_SRT said:
Do you need any hardware? I ask because I might be able to pitch in. What kind of hardware you running it on? We had an extra rack server a while back at work, damn thing fell on my leg and i got the scar to prove it.

Who pays for all the damn bandwidth?
The supporting vendors here pay for all the hardware and bandwidth, so make sure you consider your supporting vendor for your next purchase!

No donations needed, I have everything here to rebuild it better then it was before :)

Thanks for the offers tho!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I can see it now... Srtforums... We can rebuilt it...better... faster..... then call it... Million Dollar Srtforums...

Ok its corny but I havent had my forums fix for the day.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
horizon1015 said:
I can see it now... Srtforums... We can rebuilt it...better... faster..... then call it... Million Dollar Srtforums...

Ok its corny but I havent had my forums fix for the day.
We have the technology....

·
Registered
336 Posts
God, I can just imagine it.......

Parts List:
Neon Lights
2F2F Undercar Smoke (been done to a computer already)
50 Trim Turbo(Overclock)
Hood Scoop (Ventilation)
Paint Job
etc..

hahaha maybe I'll make my next pc into an SRT themed computer.....

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
ekool said:
We have the technology....
Can you please tell us what technology the forum is running on? Hardware and software redunancy is common place in today's world. I know if I told my CIO that the system crashed and I lost data, I'd be out on my ass.

Not that we will be firing you. :lol:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts