Dodge SRT Forum banner

Old Site or New Site?

• Old Site is still better

Votes: 56 41.8%
  • New Site is better

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • New Site is shaping up, but lets see more!

Votes: 57 42.5%
  • They Both Suck, You Deserve To Die!

Votes: 2 1.5%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
It wont let me vote, I get this:

vBulletin Message
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: daytonagts [logout]

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
daytonagts said:
It wont let me vote, I get this:

vBulletin Message
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: daytonagts [logout]
sigh I am going to cry lol

letme check this before I go to zzz

ok fixed , the FAQ team didn't have the right permissions to vote ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
This one is working alot better then the last "upgrade" the pages wouldn't load for me, but this one is faster than a rabbit or crack. I like the color scheme better also. Keep up the good work fellas:frow:

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
daytonagts said:
Sorry F A , still wont work, that cool you know my oppinion anyways :D
try now

vbulletin has everything on permissions.. if you do something wrong in 1 forum it won't let you do it hehe.. guess its the added privacy and security features ;)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The site looks better, and you've done a good job at improving it. I know you've worked hard at it and I am grateful for that. But the things I am still waiting for are the ability to scroll backwards through all posts in reverse order (even those from before my last visit), like we could with the old site, and the ability to see the forum categories associated with the recent posts (also something from the old site). Also, in the private message section, recent PM's don't show up unless I select the "Last 2 days" option (or older). In other words, they don't show up in the default view.

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
drolander said:
The site looks better, and you've done a good job at improving it. I know you've worked hard at it and I am grateful for that. But the things I am still waiting for are the ability to scroll backwards through all posts in reverse order (even those from before my last visit), like we could with the old site, and the ability to see the forum categories associated with the recent posts (also something from the old site). Also, in the private message section, recent PM's don't show up unless I select the "Last 2 days" option (or older). In other words, they don't show up in the default view.
notes taken I will see if I can code it ;)

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drolander said:
Drolander,

My PM's show up "From the beginning" by default. Somehow, you have managed to change the default value. I'm not sure where or how this is set myself, so I'll have to do some research.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
More info about the PM page.

When it is first loaded, 'Last day' is selected but I get the message that 'There are no messages to display in this folder for this time period.'

If I leave 'Last day' selected and click the Go button, the day's PMs are displayed. So the problem seems to be that the query to display the PMs is not autorun when the page is loaded.

Now that I know this, it's not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
drolander said:
More info about the PM page.

When it is first loaded, 'Last day' is selected but I get the message that 'There are no messages to display in this folder for this time period.'

If I leave 'Last day' selected and click the Go button, the day's PMs are displayed. So the problem seems to be that the query to display the PMs is not autorun when the page is loaded.

Now that I know this, it's not that big of a deal.
Maybee its a cookie problem, as I dont see that problem. Perhaps try deleting all your cookies?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I constantly have to be scrolling to the right cause your posts are so far off center!!
Maybe you have some new way to navigate, but I can't seem to find specific threads to go back to for information.

NOT VERY USER FRIENDLY!!!!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kirby said:
I constantly have to be scrolling to the right cause your posts are so far off center!!
Maybe you have some new way to navigate, but I can't seem to find specific threads to go back to for information.

NOT VERY USER FRIENDLY!!!!
Kirby, I have no idea what you just said :) Can you enlighten me?

·
Registered
107 Posts
kirby,
All you do is bitch on the PT fourm and now you are bitching on the SRT site. Get a life!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would like to be able to view all posts chronologically. In the old forum you could do this, the active posts is close but if the post you are looking for is more than 25 posts ago, you're SOL. The new post feature does this to some extent but I would like to be able to come back later in the day and view the posts that I saw earlier. It would have to have a time limit; I think posts from the last 24 hours would be good.

I'm starting to ramble and loose focus.... well, that's my suggestion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.