Dodge SRT Forum banner

What to do about the forums?

• Definetly its getting out of hand, time to put the foot down.

Votes: 185 41.4%
  • The forums are running fine, dont change a thing.

Votes: 186 41.6%
  • It should be less strict, more freedom, less rules!

Votes: 40 8.9%
  • Dont care one way or the other.

Votes: 36 8.1%
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
just saw this thread.. i think (since im just so old skool here :lol: ) that there should be slight changes... NOT many, but def. step up on moving posts or banning foos

i think all the shit that happens is-- A. the car is not as hot as it WAS... B nothing really new for the car. C. its just dieing out a bit

posts are just recycled, and newbies have nothing to offer... how else can you expect the site to go.. whatever you do, dont touch war stories anymore! that place is a good laugh and the people there are better now then a few months ago..

dont worry about the bad language, its ok with most of all of us.. avatars never effect me either..

all i can say is good luck with whatever you do, just dont do too much

·
Registered
98 Posts
I love this site to death, but as websites scale as large and as fast as this one has things might need to be done. I doubt just one man like yourself can fix it so I’ll make a few suggestions (this is an open forum after all, right ;)):

Too many forums, sub forums, and sub-forums of said sub-forums
The amounts of sub-forums are staggering. Condensing will bring the site a lot closer.

Off topic should be moved to the top of the list
In computer enthusiasts forums they put the off topic at the top to let most of the drifters coming in start there.

Have moderators and give them move and merge abilities
Have sticky for important things as well as stage 2 official discussion. Clean out sticky’s often. These must be established people like, um, drizzle and uh ED (just examples).

Quick cleaning of repeated threads
Will peanut butter on my on my wire harness void my warranty? I’m a man of patience, but there wont be a day gone by where I don’t see the same damn topic appear, and I’ll go to like page 2 and see the same damn topic by someone else.

Quick response to hot button issues
I don’t know a thing about that whole VIVID problem that quickly escalated a few days ago, but obviously people might be forming opinions before the situation is realized. Admin and mod input before a barn burning fiasco might be needed. On the other end, people like ED have been great on the boards, helping people like they were just a regular member.

Thoughts? complaints? In before teh lock ;)

Like god said When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
incoherent said:
I love this site to death, but as websites scale as large and as fast as this one has things might need to be done. I doubt just one man like yourself can fix it so I’ll make a few suggestions (this is an open forum after all, right ;)):

Too many forums, sub forums, and sub-forums of said sub-forums
The amounts of sub-forums are staggering. Condensing will bring the site a lot closer.

Off topic should be moved to the top of the list
In computer enthusiasts forums they put the off topic at the top to let most of the drifters coming in start there.

Have moderators and give them move and merge abilities
Have sticky for important things as well as stage 2 official discussion. Clean out sticky’s often. These must be established people like, um, drizzle and uh ED (just examples).

Quick cleaning of repeated threads
Will peanut butter on my on my wire harness void my warranty? I’m a man of patience, but there wont be a day gone by where I don’t see the same damn topic appear, and I’ll go to like page 2 and see the same damn topic by someone else.

Quick response to hot button issues
I don’t know a thing about that whole VIVID problem that quickly escalated a few days ago, but obviously people might be forming opinions before the situation is realized. Admin and mod input before a barn burning fiasco might be needed. On the other end, people like ED have been great on the boards, helping people like they were just a regular member.

Thoughts? complaints? In before teh lock ;)

Like god said When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
beautiful!
i find myself spending less time on here lately. i think its mostly because of the random crap that is in the active topics list. today i suggested moving a "favorite movie quote" thread to off topic and i was told by the thread starter that it was within the scope of the forum. anyone find that weird?
its just getting a little messy around here. we seem to have a huge variety of car enthusiests visiting and contributing to this site and to keep it that way i think a few things getting organized will help.
j.r.:king:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Man do you love to whine King! I thought I replied to your suggestion in a polite manner and here you are still crying about it. I've seen you complain about thread placement numerous times before when nobody else seemed to care so loosen up a little, okay? If anyting I think that general discuscion and off topic could be merged in to one since they tend to overlap a little in content.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
some people on this forum think that they can do whatever and say whatever they want with no consequences. raiding other sites is a big problem right now. there are people representing this forum going out to other sites and causing trouble. im not talking about something harmless im talking about 10-12 members planning attacks on other forums and then posting the results like its cool that they can get banned from other sites. what does this say about our members? i say def give mods ability to ban/close threads. i have been told that "i can say whatever the **** i want, nobady can ban me!". something has got to be done

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Well, I can tell you that you are wrong on all accounts. No one can say whatever they want and not get banned...

As far as the raids... we have talked about this and we will be closing and moving threads where users brag about trolling on other forums. So they wont get any attention from our users.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ekool its your site, you can do whatever you want. There has to be rules for a reason, if the idiots don't like it then they can leave. I love this site, it's helped me out big time! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
oh no i didnt say that. someone else on this site told ME that. just clarifying. Oh, and thanks for the closing/moving. otherwise this site is great...it just stinks that some people may lose freedom for all of us.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.