Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a random thought i had...

With this site being as old as it is, and attendance dwindling like it has over the last few years, what is the possibility of someone getting a copy of all the data from this forum? What i mean is, if someone wanted to have a personal backup of all the posts and information from this forum, is that something that could happen. I have to figure it is probably terabytes worth of data...

I'm guessing the owners of the site probably would never let this happen out of fears that someone would take that data and start up a competing site or something of the such.

My concern is that one day the owners of this site may decide they no longer find it worth hosting anymore and all the data could be lost. There is so much valuable information here for those of us who intend to keep these cars that losing that data could be detrimental to the longevity of these cars.

...like i said, random thought i figured i would throw out there.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just a random thought i had...

With this site being as old as it is, and attendance dwindling like it has over the last few years, what is the possibility of someone getting a copy of all the data from this forum? What i mean is, if someone wanted to have a personal backup of all the posts and information from this forum, is that something that could happen. I have to figure it is probably terabytes worth of data...

I'm guessing the owners of the site probably would never let this happen out of fears that someone would take that data and start up a competing site or something of the such.

My concern is that one day the owners of this site may decide they no longer find it worth hosting anymore and all the data could be lost. There is so much valuable information here for those of us who intend to keep these cars that losing that data could be detrimental to the longevity of these cars.

...like i said, random thought i figured i would throw out there.
@snapdragon thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts