Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the little silver ring around the turbo boost gauge? Does it just pull off? Do you have to take the dash apart to get the gauge apart? I want to paint it to match the other interior paint I've done. Thanks in advance guys... 8)

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! I know how to remove it but being that you started painting the interior of your car like the honda guys, im afraid I won't tell you how. :(

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i know alot of wrx guys that paint theirs blue. it doesnt look too bad, and i dont think his looks bad either.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Why is everything that ricers copied from others considered rice? If they invent it, then it's rice.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Don't worry Depot, if you've seen his pictures, it looks more like an SXT with rad seats and a boost guage than a Honda's modified interior :wink: If I had one to take it of, I'd let him go for it. Can't be as bad as someother things :roll:

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Oh okay, so in that case:

YOu need to get a wrench behind the gauge and unscrew the connection for the boost and light. YOu can actually life up on the dash and you will see that it pops up allowing you more access to get to the back of teh boost gauge.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exhaust Depot said:
Oh okay, so in that case:

YOu need to get a wrench behind the gauge and unscrew the connection for the boost and light. YOu can actually life up on the dash and you will see that it pops up allowing you more access to get to the back of teh boost gauge.
Thanks E.D. - I promise, it won't be up to ricer level! Just an accent here and there 8)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I used to work at autometer through college, making tachs, oil and fuel pressure gauges. The gauge bodies (four years ago) used to be solid plastic and all the internal were put in through the front. The only hole in the back was for wires. The front bezel is probably a thin metal bezel that is press fit. If so you have to be really careful taking it off because they damage really easy. If it is a solid plastic case you will have to bend the backside of the bezel enough for it to slip off the front. The gauges might have changed since then, but if not like I said be careful because it will look really bad if you damage the bezel. When I worked there I took a face home and put Dodge R/T on it in blue (white face gauge) and assembled the air/fuel ratio gauge. It did look pretty sweet in the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts