Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had about 5 people tell me my turbo is dead. This all happened since I installed my Injen Intake about 2 months ago. At 10 vac it makes a very loud dentist drill type noise. VERY loud, I an barly hear my exhaust over it(with windows down). Is this normal or should I be concerned and try and look at my impeller blades to see if they are bent. Man this could suck... I boost fine and have no problem keeping up with lets say STis from a roll. I am just very worried and dont want to look at my blades to see some bent.

Ohh well, if it isn't normal, big turbo here I come...

Ive been sitting on this for awhile putting it into the back of my mind, but after putting on stage 1 and noticing how much more power I fail to put down(man those tires will spin in 1st and 2nd)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jaymzx said:
Sounds like a loose gasket somewhere...

Check the bolts on your Mopar BOV?
Hmm, the 3rd bolt does look like its not on all the way, think that could be it?

Also I the part of the intake that connects to the turbo popped off the day I installed it, i ran unfiltered air for like 30 minutes hitting full boost 2 times. But I never heard anything bad happen, just a very very loud turbo spooling.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I dont have that problem with the INJEN intake and the BOV, check that third bolt as everyone said. Also, did this noise happen b4 or after the intake had popped off?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it popped off the seccond I started the car, I just heard a whole lot of the noise alot louder.

then I popped the hood 30 minutes later cause it just didnt sound right, I was told the intake was loud, but not that loud...

it was disconnected. my cars at the dearlship right now so when I get it back I am just going to take off the BOV I think... see if that helps. Then if that doesnt work, I will do the deed and see if my blades are fuxored. If so,big turbo kit here I come(Although I really dont want one I just cant justify spending money on another OEM turbo...)

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
although an OEM turbo is only $300-500, and a big turbo /w manifold is around $1700 and requires about $600+ worth of fuel and fuel control mods to even function safely..but that's a whole other chestnut :D..
It's all a matter of your goals, and your financial priorities.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Moneys not the issues, its the fact that I refuse to replace OEM parts =P

Why pay for the labor twice if I end up getting a turbo kit?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
mine sounds like a dentist drill, but its normal for this intake. Your keeping up with stis what the hell are you worried about? My car pulls like a bat outa hell and im sure yours does too. This is the loudest intake made afterall.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey man, I fixed it,wasnt the intake =) was my mopar BOV.

In vac it was louder than the turbospooling under WOT, thats what worried me.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah so am I, when i took off my intake and looked at the turbine blades with a mirror, I was so god damned happy because i didnt have to deal with that shit, now my friend cut his hand to shit doing the 3rd bitch bolt, but hey, he took one for the team.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.